Police Academy...

CanadianCowgirl

For 2 years in a row, since I left the military, I've been considering police academy...it's something that will keep me a bit closer to home and I would still have some time to do my horse thing....

For the past 2 years I get all my forms ready to apply to police academy, but never actually go through with it because I have NOOooo idea what it's like, or what to expect, or if I"m 100% sure it's the kind of career that I want.

So does anyone here know anything about it? Is it similar to bootcamp? And is anyone here a police officer? Because I have LOTS more questions, lol

PS- I had re-applied to the Reserves back in August, did my PT test in October, but my old medical records are lost apparently so everything is on hold...I'm starting to think that's a sign...lol

It is similar to basic training. You can do some research online to find out course requirements.

Plus, I am sure you can find a date there.. :D

hahahaha, the thought had crossed my mind, LOL :D

Don't think I'd have too much trouble getting in, except for my eyesight....I wear contacts ALL the time, and I'm not sure if my uncorrected vision is strong enough for their requirements.....oh well, I'm not even sure of applying yet so I'll deal with that when I have to :p

I suggest that you send a PM to 55.6X45.
He just graduated about a year ago and is now a Police Officer in Florida.

I suggest that you send a PM to 5.56X45mm.
He just graduated about a year ago and is now a Police Officer in Florida.
O3USMC is also a Police Officer in California and you might want to send him a PM also.

Not sure if the USA or Canada has the different requirements for the police academy, but, yeah, take Tom's suggestion.

Back