A Polar bear is highly annoyed

You should have seen the drag queens in Bugis Street Singapore when I was there in the late 60's. Not only were there the drag queens, drunken matelots also performed the dance of the "Flaming bum hole" on top of the toilets in Bugis Street.

Spike was also there at the same time, he might have photographs, sadly I can't find mine.

Wonderful memories.

Last edited:
Come off it CF, I can't believe - in fact I wont believe that as a former Royal Marine of Her Maj Liz's bestest armed forces in the world, that you haven't performed The Dance Of The Flaming Arseholes!! Hell, even I've partook during a night of drunken depravity in the police club and no doubt tankie has done it as well. ;)

Come off it CF, I can't believe - in fact I wont believe that as a former Royal Marine of Her Maj Liz's bestest armed forces in the world, that you haven't performed The Dance Of The Flaming Arseholes!! Hell, even I've partook during a night of drunken depravity in the police club and no doubt tankie has done it as well. ;)

I'm admitting to nothing! :angel: :D

It's alright for you, you didn't have her maj's commission hanging over you! ;) :p

You should have seen the drag queens in Bugis Street Singapore when I was there in the late 60's. Not only were there the drag queens, drunken matelots also performed the dance of the "Flaming bum hole" on top of the toilets in Bugis Street.

Spike was also there at the same time, he might have photographs, sadly I can't find mine.

Wonderful memories.

What is it with you English Airmen and Sailors? Whenever I meet any former members of the RAF, RAAF, RNZAF, RN, RAN, RNZN, they always seems to recall Bugis Street.

When I told them that Bugis Street no longer exist, the response would almost always be," Ohhh, thats a shame... You should have been there. It was a sight to behold..."

I guess too much oxygen and long isolation at sea do have an effect on target recognition... not too mention the influnce of alcohol... :roll:

What is it with you English Airmen and Sailors? Whenever I meet any former members of the RAF, RAAF, RNZAF, RN, RAN, RNZN, they always seems to recall Bugis Street.

When I told them that Bugis Street no longer exist, the response would almost always be," Ohhh, thats a shame... You should have been there. It was a sight to behold..."

I guess too much oxygen and long isolation at sea do have an effect on target recognition... not too mention the influnce of alcohol... :roll:

Malta had the GUT and Singapore had Bugis Street, both now sadly defunct, gone but not forgotten. Bugis Street was an eye opener for a mere 18 year old youth such as myself who had hardly been out of the town I was born in. My first visit to Bugis Street I was like a demented owl, eyes open wide, jaw hanging on the ground and "who, what, THATS A BLOKE???"

The "women" in the photo's are actually men.

Last edited:
I remember a bloke who did. It was hilarious, especially as he had been warned.

Surely you aren't talking about yourself? ;) :lol:

I've never been involved in hooking up any very very sloshed Marines with these "wimens" and requesting a sitrep the following morning... :angel:

Surely you aren't talking about yourself? ;) :lol:

I've never been involved in hooking up any very very sloshed Marines with these "wimens" and requesting a sitrep the following morning... :angel:

Thankfully I had experienced old sweats to guide me, I never made that mistake. Although I did order a steak in Bugis Street that looked a bit suspect, it was "green!"

Back