poland vs. ukraine

--

October 30th, 2009  
benaakatz

Topic: poland vs. ukraine

i just learned in history class about the brutal wars between these two countries in the past. the professor said that although its modern times a lot of these countries still have beef with each other about land, borders, just general ethnic tension etc...

if these two countries were to go to war now, who do you think would come out the victor?

from the looks of it both have pretty good army/air force/navys for their sizes
October 30th, 2009  
Zastava-Arms

Poland, probably. But Ukraine is still pretty good.
October 30th, 2009  
A Can of Man

Aren't they co-hosting the next Euro tournament? They made a bid before... don't know if they won it.
--
October 30th, 2009  
The Other Guy

If I recall, there's something in the rules against country vs. country threads... I'd have to check, which I don't have time to do right now.
October 30th, 2009  
Redleg

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Other Guy
If I recall, there's something in the rules against country vs. country threads... I'd have to check, which I don't have time to do right now.
That is correct..
99.9% of all threads like that has gone real bad in the past, so we don't allow them anymore..

But you are allowed to discuss the military capabilities of countries, as long as you don't turn it into a x vs. y flamewar, and of course keeps OPSEC in mind!
October 30th, 2009  
lolsoccerlol

Topic: hey

Quote:
Originally Posted by benaakatz
i just learned in history class about the brutal wars between these two countries in the past. the professor said that although its modern times a lot of these countries still have beef with each other about land, borders, just general ethnic tension etc...

if these two countries were to go to war now, who do you think would come out the victor?

from the looks of it both have pretty good army/air force/navys for their sizes
wow that different
October 30th, 2009  
03USMC

Right now I'd say it's a better probability that they would ally with each other. Both are leery of the Russians.
October 30th, 2009  
Zastava-Arms

Pretty much everybody is leery against the Russians, so no surprises there.
November 2nd, 2009  
Stoffel

Judging by what I read in the military technology,

Poland has half active manpower than Ukraine, 77000 compared to 150000.
Poland has a small force of 128 Leopard 2 MBT
Ukraine has 4800 with the main force concisting of T64 but also a 1000 T72 and T84s
Same with AIVs Ukraine has far more AiVs than Poland.
The airforces arent a match as well, Ukraine has a lot more Mig 29 compared to Polands small force of MIG 29 and F16 fighters.

I think it would end in a battle of who has the longest breath, in the end that would be Ukraine I think.
Could be a nice tacops battle for a cpx though.....
November 2nd, 2009  
Zastava-Arms

Now that Stoffel put it out nicely for us, im going with Ukraine.