Poland Natural gas

rock45

I just came across this and was wondering is this a US missile shield issue? Is this little taste of what Russia could do to Poland's gas supply or just low production totals this month and the gas isn't reaching Poland?
icon5.gif

Poland still not getting full complement of Russian gas - PGNiG

20:33 | 26/ 01/ 2009
WARSAW, January 26 (RIA Novosti) - Poland is still receiving just half the contracted volumes of Russian natural gas via Ukraine, a spokeswoman of the Polish oil and gas company PGNiG said Monday.
"Over the past 24 hours, Russian gas deliveries via the Drozdovichi [gas distribution] point on the Polish-Ukrainian border were 7 million cu m," Joanna Zakrzewska said, adding that they should be 14 million cu m.
"This means the contract with RosUkrEnergo is not being fulfilled," she said.
Zakrzewska said last week that only 50% of agreed Russian gas supplies, transited via Ukraine to Europe, have reached Poland.
Under the contract with Swiss energy trader RosUkrEnergo, Poland should receive 14 million cubic meters of gas daily.
Poland confirmed on Wednesday the resumption of Russian gas deliveries transited via Ukraine.
Poland annually consumes some 14 billion cu m of natural gas, with 6.2 bcm imported from Russia. The country produces another 4.2 bcm itself and transits 30 bcm of gas to Germany.
RosUkrEnergo has declined to comment on the situation.
Russian gas transit to Europe through Ukraine stopped January 7 over a row between Russia and Ukraine over a lack of a 2009 contract. Ukraine closed transit gas pipelines. Transit resumed January 20.

Link
http://en.rian.ru/world/20090126/119807529.html

Controlling natural gas

I had a feeling can you imagine if Russia lock up the gas contracts with Algeria, Europe in general might face more of this treatment. I'm not sure about Libya's natural gas if it makes it to Europe. Algeria a larger gas producer anyway also is Norway gas or oil? Can't remember.

The gas and oil routes through Georgia and Azerbaijan are very important for western Europe because they bypass Russia and Iran. Russia controls most of the other routes in that region.

For some reason oil and gas routes interests me now. Keep thinking how Red Storm Rising started wish I knew more about where the bulk Russia oil is and where is it sold. I don't know a lot about the oil industry in general very basic stuff paid attention to a few news stories and it caught my attention. In fact I can't remember who but somebody in this forum posted a pipeline map maybe in one of the Georgia threads that start me off on it, maps/charts are cool.
icon14.gif

20:33 | 26/ 01/ 2009
WARSAW, January 26 (RIA Novosti) -
Russian gas transit to Europe through Ukraine stopped January 7 over a row between Russia and Ukraine over a lack of a 2009 contract. Ukraine closed transit gas pipelines. Transit resumed January 20.

Like the article says, has more to do with Russian and Ukraine politics than missile shield.

There should a central european union be formed,it should also have its military branch,and germany,because of its medium strong to strong army should be in it.

The purpose of this alliance would be to stop the the russian imperialism and still not being a marionette of the western countries.

Member states should be:
Germany,Croatia,Czech republic,Slovakia,Austria,Slovenia,Hungary,Montenegro,Kosovo,Poland,Ukraine,Estonia and the baltic countries,Romania,Bulgaria,Mazedonia.
Optional:Netherlands,Switzerland,Liechtenstein(money),Belgium,Luxembourg,Denmark,Norway,Finland,SwedenGeorgia,Azerbajdzan and Armenia,Bosnia.

Why not Serbia and/or Whiterussia(bjelorusija,not sure how you speak it on english):
Because those are the countries that are traditional Russian allies in eastern europe and the balcans.
Why such weak countries like Macedonia,Montenegro and Kosovo?
-To Shield of Serbia better.
-To hurt Serbia more.

I think such a union would be enough to pwn the russians out of other countries if they ever dare to do so.

Back