Pointless Wars - Page 7

--

May 13th, 2004  
RnderSafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1217
I kind of guessed that, but I wanted him to realise what he said. He came across like the US is the only country that matters, and US interests are the only excuse for starting a war.
I'm trying to point out here, that every country is allowed to defend itself if necessary, and no country should start a war for other reasons then defending themselves or others.
If he meant: 'The US should only go to war when US interests are at stake', then he should have said so.
Quit nitpicking, not everyone can convey their meaning as eloquently as others. I think it was pretty clear what he meant, especially after he gave examples of wars the US became involved in.

Quote:
No, I just said that the US didn't start that war. So the US joint in out of US interests, the war wasn't started out of US interests.
I never claimed the US to be a charity organisation, that's what you made out of it.
He never claimed it was.
May 14th, 2004  

You know what? Nevermind RnderSafe. I'm not arguing with you over what someone else meant, that's a waste of perfectly good bandwidth....

So let's stop the off-topic chit chat and get back on topic;
I think every country is allowed to defend itself if necessary, that side of a war is never pointless, and no country should start a war for other reasons than defending themselves or others, because nothing would justify the death of soldiers on the side of the agressor.
May 15th, 2004  
RnderSafe

Adjust fire, 1217 - you don't want to play in my sandbox.
--
May 15th, 2004  
goaliedude66630

Topic: hey

do u mean that the country must be invade for it to have a reason to go to war and can it just be attacked by another country and not invaded ethier way i think that these are both good reasons to go to war
May 15th, 2004  

Topic: Re: hey

Quote:
Originally Posted by goaliedude66630
do u mean that the country must be invade for it to have a reason to go to war and can it just be attacked by another country and not invaded ethier way i think that these are both good reasons to go to war
I said defend, that applies wether a country is invaded, or 'just' attacked. So they are both valid reasons to go to war.

The harder question is: Can you attack someone becouse you think he's going to attack you? Or even if you think he might attack you?
May 15th, 2004  
Darkmb101

Quote:
The harder question is: Can you attack someone becouse you think he's going to attack you? Or even if you think he might attack you?
Mostly likely you wont attack him,because politically you'd look like the bad guy, unless you know he was planning to attack you.

"Depressed women eat or exercise, depressed men invade foreign countries."
May 15th, 2004  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmb101
Quote:
Mostly likely you wont attack him,because politically you'd look like the bad guy, unless you know he was planning to attack you.

"Depressed women eat or exercise, depressed men invade foreign countries."
You'll need convincing proof that he was going to attack you, if you want to get out on top politically.
May 16th, 2004  
Redneck

Quote:
Yes.

There we are, problem solved, question answered.

May 16th, 2004  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck
Quote:
Yes.

There we are, problem solved, question answered.

hope you're not serious....
May 16th, 2004  
goaliedude66630

Topic: yes

yes i think you can attack because if lets say your the United States then politics doesnt mean shit because there is no country in the world that would risk war by saying hey you you cant attack that country