Pogey Bait

--

January 13th, 2013  
SGT G

Topic: Pogey Bait

Whats your favorite Pogey Bait? (Field Food for those that don't know)

My number 1 favorite:
The Vienna Sausage. Was going to post a picture, but the way that works on here is stupid, or better yet, I'm not smart enough to figgure it out.
January 13th, 2013  
SGT G

January 13th, 2013  
SGT G

I figgured it out yay!!!
--
January 13th, 2013  
PATCH

Well done Sgt. That look mighty appetising! Mind you, If it's food, I'll eat it!
January 13th, 2013  
Trooper1854

One exercise we got stuck with a flat tyre on a four tonner with the world's smallest jack.
It took four hours to change the wheel.
But, we had the units rations on the back! So when they buggered off to the next location leaving three of us to change the tyre we had all their food.
Breakfeast that very cold morning was a processed cheese and herring in tomato sauce sarnie, followed by a lump of mixed fruit pudding all washed down with ice cold cans of Fosters which we found hidden in the back!
Happy days!
January 13th, 2013  
SGT G

LOL, thats awesome. When we roll out if you don't bring it itd usualy MRE time. Not complaining about our MRE's, but they do stop the flow of anything from the body.
January 13th, 2013  
SGT G

Quote:
Originally Posted by PATCH
Well done Sgt. That look mighty appetising! Mind you, If it's food, I'll eat it!
LOL, thats what I buy to bring with me, along with never enough cigarettes to last.
January 13th, 2013  
The Highway Man

I always took plenty of seasoning. gravy mix and curry powder on exercise with me. You could always turn the most disgusting compo into a decent curry or casserole. failing that, when I was on route maintenance, a trip to the schnelly worked everytime.
January 13th, 2013  
PATCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT G
LOL, thats what I buy to bring with me, along with never enough cigarettes to last.
Ah now see I smoked for 15 years (I know bad right) and you'll not believe it but I managed to quit them after reading this book. IF you're interested I'll happily forward you the details, if you aren't I shall just laugh at you as you stand shivering under a doorway or something while you fag it away! I am kidding of course, I'm not THAT sadistic. OK I am-but I'll be nice to you, we just met.

Wow Lad! You buy that crap??? j/k But it looks tastier than meatballs I suppose. Those are like..grissley ******! lol Not that I have ever tasted those but still.

But hey seriously-if its high protein its all good. Down the hatch it goes right?

What is your fave pudding? Chocolate for me. Anything choccy is always good.

Anyway thanks for sharing.
January 13th, 2013  
PATCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Highway Man
I always took plenty of seasoning. gravy mix and curry powder on exercise with me. You could always turn the most disgusting compo into a decent curry or casserole. failing that, when I was on route maintenance, a trip to the schnelly worked everytime.

Grand advice right there. Spice for rice = makes it nice!