PM's Cover Story: New Weapons of The Special Operations

Sea_Cadet

September 2004 issue.

Heckler & Koch MK23

FN P90

Heckler & Koch MP5

Heckler & Koch UMP ( 9mm, .40 cal., and .45 cal.)

Heckler & Koch MP7A1

M4A1 SOPMOD

M14 DMR

SR-25/Mk11ModO

Barret M82

Barret XM109

XM8(Apparently the XM8 has been deployed to our special forces on a limited basis, the weapon has not had wide use, but is said to be excellent, the two version being used by our special operations, are the Baseline Carbine and the Compact Carbine.)

Time, do you have any pics from this article? Also, Im still really curiouse about the deployment on the XM8. As I said In another thread, apparently CIS got some of these. Do you have any new information on it?

GuyontheRight said:
Time, do you have any pics from this article? Also, Im still really curiouse about the deployment on the XM8. As I said In another thread, apparently CIS got some of these. Do you have any new information on it?

Sorry about that, I just looked at PM Zone, and it said articles and pics would be online in the secondweek of septmeber.

XM8? Is that the one with the computerized targeting system for explosive rounds?

No, that was the OICW, which evolved into the XM-8.

I think I remember the other rifle too with all the computerized balogna. It had an IFF system for those people who couldn't tell the difference between their squadmates and a Talibaner. It was rediculous. The XM 8, on the other hand, is quite a bit better. And it has a larger, kickyoass sized round.

Not really "new"

None of the weapons listed are really "new". They have been either in service or testing for years now. Most are just mods on current issue.

Back