Please watch this video

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what he's saying is that its our responsibility to bring Freedom to the entire world? A World Cop so to speak. So where to next? Myanmar? Zimbabwe? North Korea? China? I would say America should put everything else on hold because we are going to be fighting wars at least until the year 2567. I pass.

But you see this is the typical REVISIONIST view of history that goes around election time.

Time warp back to 2002-2003. Strangely, I don't remember anybody talking about Iraqi freedom back then, and Nowhere today, do I hear of Iraqis begging us to stay or wanting Democracy. Quite the contrary, most remarks I hear are desires of a Islamic Republic and even the Iraqi government has made it public knowledge they want us out, ASAP.

Now I do remember something about the massive WMD threat in 2002, that Iraq possessed and was threatening to use, about Missiles being ready to launch within 45 min, about non-existent Iraq schemes to secure Niger yellowcake for a equally non-existent WMD program, not to mention Colin Powell brilliant career-ending speech he gave at the UN which was based on information was provided by people whose reliability and motives is less than AMTRACK.

Some people like the guy on the video just don't get it, Obama isn't criticizing the job the soldiers did, he's criticizing the politicians in Washington who made the decision to go to war, just like Vietnam and Panama were mistakes that should never have happened. POLITICIANS START WARS NOT SOLDIERS. Thats the point Obama means when he says Iraq is a mistake.

Where Obama is wrong is where is he says "It was a mistake to go into Iraq". Oh, There was no mistake about it, its pretty obvious we were CONNED (chose your adjective here: deceived, lied to, misled, tricked, scammed, defrauded) into this war.

Now I accept the fact that all politicians lie to a degree, but I am without mercy to those that treat me like I am the biggest idiot in the world, that I am a stupid blind sheep who will willingly believe whatever BS they say. I am a educated person with a semi-functioning brain, and I remember EXACTLY what happened in 2002, and not GOP revisionist history version of what they would like me to believe and what they believe themselves as they are guilty of believing their own propaganda.

Now if people want to follow McCain who was a major player in this Scam from the beginning thats your business, but I won't. And dont blame Obama for not wanting to partiicapte in this charade any further.

Last edited:
A little friggin' long and heavy handed I think.
Just say you disagree.

Kinda of boring that way don't you think? Most people want to know why people disagree, thats the point of discussion.
As for being heavy handed, welcome to politics.

Last edited:
Alright f*ck it.

Really when John Kerry went out with his anti-military stuff you know what I said? Not a whole lot.
Why? Because he was there and I wasn't.
It didn't matter that I didn't agree with him.
Now if this guy was RUNNING for office and he had said things you disagreed with strongly, THEN go ahead, state that you dislike what he said and that you disagree. But that's not the case, how about a little f*cking respect?

Last edited:
Alright f*ck it.

Really when John Kerry went out with his anti-military stuff you know what I said? Not a whole lot.
Why? Because he was there and I wasn't.
It didn't matter that I didn't agree with him.
Now if this guy was RUNNING for office and he had said things you disagreed with strongly, THEN go ahead, state that you dislike what he said and that you disagree. But that's not the case, how about a little f*cking respect?

I respect the fact he served, and I thank him for his service. BUT THATS ALL HE'S ENTITLED TO.
I don't have to agree with his political views. He's entitled to them, but I am not required to agree with them, nor is it a lack of respect to tell him I think he's wrong and explain why. There is nothing either here at Milforum nor in the American Constitution that requires that I do.

I did a civic duty too, church soup kitchen and Meals on Wheels. I volenteered, I sacrificed my time, and unlike the military I wasn't even paid for it. I'm glad I did it, I don't regret that I did, but I don't demand for any type of "respect" from anyone because I did.

And you were wrong not to criticize John Kerry. Your facts might have been wrong, but it was absolutely your're right to do so, and if you noticed most people on the right didn't hesitate whether they were in the military or not. So you see I am not partisan on this...

Last edited:
God forbid your were burned by some hot tomato bisque. The man lost his leg. Not exactly the same "sacrifice" in my opinion.

God forbid your were burned by some hot tomato bisque. The man lost his leg. Not exactly the same "sacrifice" in my opinion.

I missed the part where he was wounded, and no my sacrifice is not the same as his. But it changes nothing in the overall scheme of things. I am not disrespecting his service or his sacrifice. I'm disagreeing with his politics. Its simply ridiculousness to claim that because I state an opinion that's contrary to his POLITICAL beliefs, I am somehow disrespecting his service. They are not even remotely related. The fact he was wounded does not mean I must sacrifice my right to my opinion and my right to express it. Its undemocratic and unAmerican even to suggest doing that.

I am very sorry he was maimed in that way, but the people most responsible for his disability are those sitting in Washington that sent him there in the firstplace.

Last edited:
I dunno about you, but I have a different respect for those who served and those who served and lost somthing, whether it be limb or life. Sorry to seem rude, but if you sat and cooked all day in the boot camp kitchen, and your brother served and had his leg blown off by an IED, I have more respect for your brother.

Last edited:
I dunno about you, but I have a different respect for those who served and those who served and lost somthing, whether it be limb or life. Sorry to seem rude, but if you sat and cooked all day in the boot camp kitchen, and your brother served and had his leg blown off by an IED, I have more respect for your brother.

So do I, he has my sympathy and respect. But again, what does his wound have to do with my right to disagree with his politics? NOTHING AT ALL.

When Ann Coulter suggested that Max Cleland became a double amputee because he was drunk and dropped one of his own grenades in Vietnam THAT was disrespecting his military Service. In fact he jumped on a grenade dropped by a friendly during a firefight. But NOBODY on the right made a fuss about that. All I did was disagree with his views on McCain and on the Iraq war, sheesh!

Last edited:
It's like Redneck said, you made a bit of a rant out of it, and it's just a YouTube video... Nothing with a simple "I disagree." Besides, the entire topic has already been killed, beaten, buried, and then re-beaten in other threads anyway...

I respect the fact he served, and I thank him for his service. BUT THATS ALL HE'S ENTITLED TO.
I don't have to agree with his political views. He's entitled to them, but I am not required to agree with them, nor is it a lack of respect to tell him I think he's wrong and explain why. There is nothing either here at Milforum nor in the American Constitution that requires that I do.

I did a civic duty too, church soup kitchen and Meals on Wheels. I volenteered, I sacrificed my time, and unlike the military I wasn't even paid for it. I'm glad I did it, I don't regret that I did, but I don't demand for any type of "respect" from anyone because I did.

The fighting forces are a very special case. OK - they get paid. So what.

What the hell do we, do you, do without them? I often muse on such matters; Prison Officers, for example. They get no respect, but what the hell will we do when finally no-one steps forward to do the stinking job?

Most of us are just too lucky for our own good, we don't recognise it. Without our soldier at our gate, we are NOTHING. Proper respect required, including for that soldier in the video, and including John McCain. Do not make the mistake of comparing them to us ordinary mortals. Anyone who has walked a mile in their shoes excused!

Last edited:
Here's the deal.

You can disagree with the Bush Administration.

You can disagree with McCain and go vote for Obama.

You can disagree with the War in Iraq.

You can Disagree with the Republican/Democratic Parties.

You can disagree with Party Platforms, Party Economic Plans, War plans etc.

You can voice your opinion, beat your chest, put on your hair shirt and wail from the mountain top about.....as long as it's done civil I don't care.

However do not do the following.

Compare "service" in a soup kitchen or delivering meals to shut ins with the service of a member of the military (any military). How anyone could make that leap in comparison just floors me.

Not everyone is going to agree with everyone else, especially as politics are concerned. However state that you disagree and move on.

Compare "service" in a soup kitchen or delivering meals to shut ins with the service of a member of the military (any military). How anyone could make that leap in comparison just floors me.
I found it quite laughable that he DID try to make the comparison, actually.

USMC03

I guess you didn't read post 12 where I specifically stated 'I missed the part where he was wounded, and no my sacrifice is not the same as his.'

It seems clear to me that I was NOT making that conclusion, but thank you for making the insinuation...despite the fact I had clearly stated otherwise.

But some people here have this notion that only military service counts for anything in this country. Go live in North Korea if people feel that way, because at least there its true. We are a country with a military, not a militarized country. The point I was making is that civil service is not limited to military service, that there are other ways to serve ones country. The soldier did it his way, I did it mine.

And those 'shuts-ins' you refer to are in fact people usually too old or sick to take care of themselves, and many are vets.

Henderson

Its a free country and so is this forum, so I can say what I please. And if I choose to disagree with someone and comment why I do so (including a youtube video)as USMC03 said, that is totally my right. Disagreeing with a veteran, even a wounded veteran is not disrespectful. If people don't like rants then I would suggest staying out of the politics thread because 99% ARE rants.

And lets drop the moral outrage shall we? I have been here long enough to know that nobody here would have said anything if I AGREED with the soldier.

I stand by my statements.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back