Please Help me

Ochoa

Ok i need everyones help here. I need to loose about 40 pounds (about rounded up) not just to enter the marines but it will also to help my health I really don't know it this is or isn't a military related paste but plz I need some help i'm a bit lazy but i'm committed and i need some gidence. So please help me fight this war on fatness.
I would appreciate some eating tips and workout plans that you could give me. Anyways Thanks for you're help. :rambo:

40 lbs is 20 kg,

X lbs is always approximately equal to (X/2) kg.

Oh and how many hours do ya'll sleep btw ? ..8 hours is less for me, 10 hours of sleep is perfect and no I'm not fat :lol:

Thanks Xion 8) Uhm 20 kg is not toooo much to lose.

And yes sleep is very important because it stabilizes your methabolism. The more regular time schedule your body experiences, the easier it will adapt to the changes you want to make.

Also. it would be very paying if you could start your day early in the morning. I don't mean at 5 or 6 am, but 7 am would be just about perfect. Your body burns three times as much after 8- 10 hrs sleep.

So Ochoa this is not a professional diet I'm suggesting- it's just my 2 cent.
Have regular times for going to bed and getting up, every day.
Have a large breakfast every morning with carbohydrates and fruit.
Eat carbohydrates at lunch but less than you did at breakfast. You can have meat.
DO NOT eat any carbohydrate (pasta, pizzas, bread) past lunchtime.
Have a light snack in mid afternoon( around 5 pm ) with fruit or a yoghurt.
Your dinner can be salad, fruit and vegetables . Meat if you didnt have it at lunch.
This stuff everyday for weeks and months.
The carbohydrate thing is very important.
Lard, Alcohol, Oil and butter are no go area.
Sport: just concentrate on the cardio aspect.
Burn: run run run bike walk and play sports like basketball swimming etc.
No weighs for the first 3 weeks.
Wish you the best bro.

I think italian guy has covered it all. Determination is the biggest factor.
If you havent got the will to lose the weight your never gona do it.
So stop being lazy! :)

When I used to wrestle and had to make weight the next day, I would sleep in a sweatshirt and sweatpants, in a sleeping bag ductaped so I wouldn't get out overnight, and sleep next to the fireplace, so I would sweat a lot.

Eat lots of salad.

No.
You burn more fat sleeping than you do watching TV. Also when you're sleeping you're less likely to get hungry. Plus, those of us who stay up late generally eat something late at night which adds to the calories. And the time we have to wake up is usually not up to us.

Xion said:
Sleep at least 8 hours

shouldn't it be like "Sleep only 8 hours" :roll:

Conversion:
1kg = 2.2 lbs.

wow, I never knew sleeping burns fat, always thought the more you sleep the more fat you add.Maybe because theres a general notion that fat ppl Eat, sleep, drink so i think sleep gets associated with more fat.

No that notion comes because people who constantly over sleep tend to be lazy.
Laziness can add pounds because it means you're not doing much to burn the calories.

Ochoa,

Let me see if I can give you some pointers to fight the battle of the Bulge.
First you need to secure Bastonge, its a key road junction ....oh wait wrong battle and wrong bulge.

But seriously,

the_13th_redneck said:
Don't eat past 7pm.
Don't eat at McDonalds.

I really recomened this too it will help alot. If you get hungry just drink water or decaf (no creme, no sugar).

Also what might help is if you take a long walk in the morning before you eat. But the key here is to drink a cup of caffienated coffee with an aspirin, this will actually help burn fat. But consult your doctor first because you don't want anything bad happening to you.

Also a big key is NOT to mix protien and carbohydrates with your meals. Either have carbs with veggies or protien with veggies, not both. Mixing the two will cause it to slow down during digestion making you not digest them quick enough, therby slowing your metabolism.

This stuff is actually not that hard to do, its not even strenous, but it takes discipline.

Battle of the Bulge

Hey,

40 lbs is not all that much to lose, really. Jump on doing a lot of cardio workouts. RUN RUN and then RUN some more. If you're looking to enter into the military having a strong endurance for running will help greatly. At least that is what I found during my brief time in.
The biggest thing with losing weight, aside from will power, is that you need to take in less than you are burning. Stay away from sweets and soda.
Will power is the biggest factor in the whole mix. You have to want it, bad.
Hang in there. Let us know how things work out.

Ben

FOLLOW THIS PLAN

OCHOA,

You need to speed up your metabolism safely. The best way to do it is to do two workouts per day.

Your morning workout should be done early in the morning and consist of 20 to 60 minutes of CARDIO ONLY. Please, no weight training or rubberbands. Just plain cardio. Powerwalking, running, bike, aerobics, whatever. Make sure you have a glass of water immediately after waking up and never eat before your morning work out.
Eat no more than 1 hour after your morning work out. You can have complex carbs for breakfast (oatmeal), fruit, and a whey protein shake. This should keep you going.
Also remember to eat a midmorning snack and an early afternoon snack. The snacks should consist of health things like A handful of almonds, fruit, string cheese, or veggies. No dips, no chips, no fried stuff whatsoever. Eating 5 times a day gets your body used to being fed, therefore, it gets into a fat-burning rhythm, thus enhancing your metabolism. A lot of people think that if they only eat once a day or starve themselves, they lose weight faster. ACtually, your body does the opposite. Since it is not being fed regularly, it goes into "starvation mode" and starts hanging on to the little food you give it and it can get real stubborn about letting go.
Eat the equivalent of no more than 2 pieces of low carb bread for lunch, but no more starchy carbs after 3pm. Your carbs for dinner should come from fresh veggies.
Heres another tip: Veggies like raw carrots, raw broccoli, raw celery are considered catabolic. That means that your body expends more calories in digesting them than the calories they actually contain. So if you eat a lot of these, it will help boost your metabolism.
Finally, for your PM workout, do cardio+resistance for about 1 hour. 20 to 30 min of cardio followed by another 20 to 30 min of weight training should do the trick. Work on different parts of your body on different days (ie: mondays: shoulders, biceps, triceps, tuesdays: chest, wednesdays: back, thursdays: legs, fridays: abs)

You will lose the first 10 kg (20 or so lbs) the fastest. You will start plateauing at around the last 10 to 15 lbs. The important thing is to keep constant and continue your good eating habits and exercise. Also, continue these eating habits on a long-term basis, as good solid long-term weightloss is supported by an overall healthy lifestyle and no crash diets will ever work.

Back