Play it again, pants: Levi's introduces iPod-compatible jeans

Team Infidel

Forum Spin Doctor
Play it again, pants: Levi's introduces iPod-compatible jeans
Jan 11 11:57 AM US/Eastern

Jeans giant Levi's is hoping to woo fashionistas and music aficionados alike with its new iPod-compatible RedWire DLX jeans, due out this fall.
With a joystick remote control built into the watch pocket, the new jeans will allow wearers to play, pause, track forward or back and adjust the volume on their iPods without having to take them out of their pockets.
SGE.URD46.110106165437.photo00.quicklook.default-163x245.jpg

A separate pocket will house and conceal the bulge of the iPod, while a built-in retractable headphone unit is designed to prevent tangled wires.
A red conductive ribbon will keep wearers connected while allowing them to remove the iPod from their pockets to view the screen, the company said.
"The Levi's RedWire DLX jean is the latest extension of the Levi's brand leadership position, by merging fashion and technology that provides consumers with the most innovative way to enhance their portable digital music lifestyle," Robert Hanson, Levi's US brand president, said in a statement.
"In designing the jeans, we considered both function and fashion -- the result is a uniquely functional -- yet stylish -- great-fitting jean."
The high-tech togs will roll out worldwide in the fall, the company said. Levi's jeans are sold in more than 100 countries.

That's pretty stupid. I wouldn't go to a dermatologist to get brain surgery. Why buy electronics from a clothing manufacturer

Last edited:
Okay, the metrosexual movement needs to stop NOW!

This crap makes me sick. I own a MP3 player (Not iPod) but I'm not attached to the thing 24/7/365.

I do not support iPod because of Apple's choice to make you use their file format and also that you can only upload. You can't use a iPod like other MP3 Players. If you wish to transfer a song from the iPod to a PC. You can't. I'm not for that. They say it's to prevent the pirating of music. But what if it's my music, my copy righted material. To hell with Apple and to hell with those stupid pants.

Last edited:
Those jenes appear to be aimed at the female market 5.56 so I think you'd have to be more than metro, and probobly more than homo to buy them ;)

Back