Platoon Quotes

>*CrAzY*<

I think now, looking back, we did not fight the enemy, we fought ourselves. The enemy was in us. The was is over for me now, but it will always be there, the rest of my days. As I'm sure Elias will be, fighting with Barnes for what Rhah called "possesion of my soul." There are times since, I've felt like a child, born of those two fathers. But be that as it may, those who did make an obligation to build again. To teach to others what we know, and to try with whats left of our lives to find a goodness and a meaning to this life.

~Platoon

Another Great war movie! One of the best from my generation.

Francis: It ain't D-E-R-E, it's D-E-A-R. And "Sarah" ain't got no two R's, King. Damn you're dumb!

King:It don't make no difference, she know what I mean. She don't read too good nohow.

Chris Taylor: Somebody once wrote: "Hell is the impossibility of reason." That's what this place feels like. Hell.

Sgt. Barnes: Everybody gotta die some time, Red!

Sgt. Elias: Feelin' good's good enough

Well I could probably keep going all night on this movie, but these were some of my favorite quotes from the movie.

i've been having a brunette being blonde day(and its early and i'm about to go to school) but i thought it was kinda funny... i was like ok there is my picture... but i don't kwo who those people are and i don't know what the hell i was talking about... ahh a day in the life of me

I saw Platoon for the first time last night. Was this movie made by the anti-war Hollywood crowd? It seems to portray all the Americans as bad guys. The entire movie seems rather twisted. Good story though.

seeming that my last name is barnes I have been stuck with the Quote, "No one can kill sgt barnes , Barnes aint meant to die" by my Company commander . dont know if he thinks I am a looney or its a compliment but I find it funny.

this movie

I want to rent this movie. is it worth renting like "we were soldiers" and "saving private ryan" or is one of thoughs corny war movies?

Re: this movie

Rampage said:
I want to rent this movie. is it worth renting like "we were soldiers" and "saving private ryan" or is one of thoughs corny war movies?

I love both of them, man. Saving Private Ryan takes you on a roller coaster ride to hell, specially in the first part.

FutureRANGER said:
I saw Platoon for the first time last night. Was this movie made by the anti-war Hollywood crowd? It seems to portray all the Americans as bad guys. The entire movie seems rather twisted. Good story though.

I don't know. It does portray some as negative characters, but I think the intent is to focus on the moral struggle of Chris, rather than make out the soldiers as 'Bad Guys'.

I think it also tends to indirectly focus on how each member copes and rationalizes their participation and their situation in the conflict. Even the 'evil' characters show human emotions through the film. In the end, the film makes out war to be about survival of yourself, and of your group. I don't think that's unfair. Do you?

FutureRANGER said:

I have the Platoon DVD, and it says the Director ,Oliver Stone was a Grunt in Vietnam. Dosen't say wheater he voulnteered or was drafted though

"Expend all remaining on my pos. I say again expend all remaining on my pos. Lovely f**kin war we got here."

"Sgt. Barnes. Sgt. Elias. You will cease fire. Do you read me."

Company C.O. as portrayed by Capt. Dale Dye USMC (RET)

Good and dead

Sgt. Barnes : " What's the matter boy? He ain't gonna bite you. That's a good gook; good and dead."

Back