Plastic Model Kits?

SHERMAN

Anyone here a Plastic Kit fan? I like doing aircraft ones, mostly 1/48, did some 1/144 and they are tiny, did a few...Did 2 Me109, 2 Spitfires, 2 Fw 190, a P47, F16, F15, Mig29 and some other...Im building a S-199 Avia....I built a Sherman but I messed up with the parts and it finnished as a "Destroyed Sherman", with shell holes, disconnected turret and "rust"....Do you build these 2 ?

I do. They're awesome. I built a Messerschmitt, a P-40, an A-10, am in the process of building an AV-8B Harrier. My brother was a lot better at it than me, he built whole heaps of things. An Apache, a giant B-29, an Mk-1, a Tie Fighter, a P-51, and more that I don't remember. I like them, they're fun :)

I like plastic models! especially ships, submarines, and those japanese robot guys!

What i have been getting into lately is card models...where you cut it out of paper..and you can get houses, tanks, planes. thats fun!

I love plastic models.

Mustang B-51(?) and Spitfire was the ones who was always popular for me. :D

In my school they have "activity day" for winter and spring and one of the options for a winter activity was Model building and I did it in 6th grade. It was alot of fun and I believe I was building a F14, but never finished it :(

hmmm...yes I built a few that went o my HS when I lvied in SC...The military history class(which i was in) built a model of a german air attack on london during WWII...Left them there...Was no point taking them with me...I took 2 models withe me, a Mustang P51(there you go Sphonix) and a Fw190.Only the Fw suvived. The Mustang was in pieces, so I fixed it but then our cleaner lady shot it down with a duster....

I got to admit it those who clean do a good jump of getting rid of models. left my PT-109 with one engine, shoot down two planes from my Yorktown model, one fell over board on my Kittyhawk and lost its radar, my submarine has no means of tracking or seeing above the water line with out surfacing, the USS North Caroline is fine thankfully, lets see shot of the nose of my F-14 Tomcat in for repairs right now, took off a wheel of my Apache, My other models are fine but not much of them left.

Oh oops F-14 Tomcat, im thinking of retiring it now, lost a fuel tank, lost one of its tails but it's back on, its cockpit got blown off and the nose as well, lost two wheels got one back on but the other not yet, the right landing gear is messed up, its bad, so im gonna fix it up one last time and leave it in my drawer. *Salutes F-14 Tomcat* You have served my room proudly Dismissed :cry: :cry:

Hmmm....Your cleaner has a Stinger Missile Launcher...?Im having a dilema...The paint job for this avia is very odd. it requires a colour i dont have...and these colors cost a fortune...I think ill paint it similarly...No one can acctually prove what the real colour of an IAF Avia S-199 was... ;)

He He...I had a model of a Super-Ferlon french transport helicopter, which was damaged baddly, and not coloured....So, i thought, why not see hw a helicopter that falls from the sky looks like....threw it out the 2nd story indow....Blam!!! Scattered over 3 meters,....

Mark Conley said:
sounds like its time to retire them models with a good old fashioned M-80 party...light anyone? :D
No im fine i'll put it on the operating table one last time and leave it someplace in peace.

Ok...I got alot of it done...I went wih a shade of green-gray that i had, not the correct one...I dont have time to go to Tel Aviv and buy paint, nor do i have money. I looks good though. Its an ugly plane in my eyes(looks like a Me-109)

sherman105 said:
Ok...I got alot of it done...I went wih a shade of green-gray that i had, not the correct one...I dont have time to go to Tel Aviv and buy paint, nor do i have money. I looks good though. Its an ugly plane in my eyes(looks like a Me-109)
I always had the same problem building those things... I loved the actual building, but the painting.... :shock: I never liked it and when did it anyway I always felt like I ruined the model. Not that it mattered, I have three younger brothers who all liked to sneak into my room to "borrow" things, and I had this nasty habit of building models on the floor, so most models where wrecked before I ever finished them. :(
Oh and yes, our cleaning lady was some sort of a mobile SAM launcher two, I guess. ;) :D

Oh, I messed up so bad....I forgot some holes i needed to make in the wing, so i had to open it...and I dident manage to open it clean....i had to glue broken parts togather and than redo the paint...Im out of paint now... :lol:

Back