Planned US withdraw from Europe

How do you feel about the US pulling troops back from Europe?

• Good for the US, bad for Europe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's long overdue

• The US needs to stay

• I have no opinion!

• Total voters
Drawing parallels to Europe and to Iraq is a poor example of justifying further US military Precense in Europe. Europe can maintain its own peace. Europe's current situation is not like of it in Iraq. Europe is not Iraq.

Frankly, in the 21st Century, it appears in some cases that the US military precense are not welcomed around the world. Think about it for a moment of what causes this hostility.

MontyB said:
France has a highly professional intelligence service and military, and so does germany,

Hehe their intelligence service cant be that good as our police managed to catch them but they cant catch 51% of our own criminals.
:)

all who are used to fighting terrorists - eta, Red brigade etc.

This is true though, Germany in particular seems very good at catching them.

lol, i said professional, not necessarily good as well

It seems to me from the american members of the forum posting on this topic that you believe that europe is weak and america is the only strong country left in the world! maybe i am mis reading your statements?like cabal i cant see the comparison between iraq and europe, i cant see either how the US military being stationed in europe is going to reduce the threat of terrorists. Its intelligence services not the military thast should deal with these threats!

I don't think Europe is weak, I'm saying that if another World War were to happen(hopefully not) America can respond quicker, if it were to happen in Europe.

I think some americans have terrorist phobia, it wouldnt make a difference if the US pulled out or not. The Russians pulled out of Germany, why can't the US?

7.62 said:
I'm not saying a withdrwal of half of the troops would be bad, I'm saying a COMPLTETE withdrawl would be disastrous. Terrorists would more than likely strike, look at what they did in Spain. Look at what happened in the 20s and 30s with Germany after we pulled out.

We? I think you mean France and Britain.

BTW, has anybody mentioned Bosnia yet?

Damien435 said:
7.62 said:
I'm not saying a withdrwal of half of the troops would be bad, I'm saying a COMPLTETE withdrawl would be disastrous. Terrorists would more than likely strike, look at what they did in Spain. Look at what happened in the 20s and 30s with Germany after we pulled out.

What about it? :eek:

AlexKall said:
Damien435 said:
7.62 said:

I think he's talking about the recent conflicts in that part of the world.

Desert_Eagle said:
AlexKall said:
Damien435 said:
7.62 said:

I think he's talking about the recent conflicts in that part of the world.

Yes, but what about it, regaring this topic? Or did he/you mean what if US withdraw their troops, what will happen to balkan. Maybe?

Not sure. I think theres one from this board that would be an expert. Like Marksman.

Back