Planetside 2

Pvt. Parts

AAAAWWWW YEEEEEEHHH!

The wait is over gents, Planetside 2 has (somewhat) successfully launched and is ready to serve!

What is Planetside 2 you ask? Well it's a sci-fi FPS. You might think that as an FPS it's just one another "meh, 8 v 8 in small maps"-kinda crap. Well man, you are just SO wrong you don't even know it!

Planetside 2, being MMOFPS, can hold six thousand (6000) badass soldiers like yourself on the battlefield AND actually make it work. There are many servers and one server holds 3 different continents, which differ from each other. You wage war on one continent and can change it whenever you like it.

"Well 6000 players? Whoop-de-fukken-doo. So what? It's just some endless fragfest of 13-year-olds. "

Again. Wrong! This is so much more than some CoD-mechanics. In Planetside 2, you can create your own squad which holds up to 12 players. Hell, you can create your OWN WHOLE platoon! One platoon is composed of 5 squads. Teamwork is heavily essential, and you have to coordinate with your team. The best way though is to join an existing Outfit (clan) and have some ass-whipping fun with other virtual terminators.

You will fight for control of territories, which have different bonuses. If that territory has one facility building or whatever, it gives bonuses to the whole continent when your faction has a control of that area.

"I don't care if there's just some infantry zerging. Also, people will just spam nades and snipers."
Well man, you are in for a surprise because Planetside 2 features different vehicles! You can wage vehicular combat the way you like and where you like it. Arsenal includes 1 light tank, 1 MBT, 1 fighter plane, 1 troop carrier plane and 1 troop carrier truck. Also, don't forget the quad-bikes for just plain awesomeness! Troop carriers fit 12 people inside so you don't have to pick between John, George and Lisa. Just take 'em all with you!

"Well, okay. It sounds good. I however don't want to spend cash on some random games!"
Guess what cheapskate, it's free-to-play! That's right! Just download it via Steam or their own site and you are good to go!

There are 3 different warring factions, but a real man picks Terran Republic! TR is a militaristic faction that wants to uphold the law and order in the galaxy at all costs. And you get to whoop some hippie and anarchist ass!

Vanu Sovereignity is the hippie faction. They have laser weapons and funny suits. They worship alien technology and are somewhat religious in that.

New Conglomerate is a rebel faction. Freedom fighters who resist the TR and just think they are cool and all with their ideals of freedom and yada yada.

And here I leave you the epic trailer of PS 2 to enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41QFL4QB3NE

I know. I drooled aswell.

I can tell you guys, it's just absolutely amazing to roll in a base with a troop carrier plane and storm it with your squad and seize the control. And while capturing the base, fighting off dozens of enemies and it ending your squad/platoon victorious through one hour of fierce fighting.

Golden, guys... just... golden...

More info and download can be naturally found at their site: http://www.planetside2.com/

So what are you waiting for man? The galaxy needs you!

I was tempted to beta the game as they sent me a couple of chances but Planetside is for some reason a game I havent been able to get into although it is probably because my reactions are now too slow for PvP shooters.

I was tempted to beta the game as they sent me a couple of chances but Planetside is for some reason a game I havent been able to get into although it is probably because my reactions are now too slow for PvP shooters.

Don't worry about it man. In PS 2 you can get loads of points just by supporting your team. Combat medics net enormous amounts of points when they are in a big warzone just reviving and healing people.

It is very complicated at first and I would suggest you to watch through some youtube tutorials. Might be frustrating at first if you don't have anyone helping you!
Give it a try, afterall, it's free!

What is the population like, I think I still have an all access pass so that would give me premium membership if that means anything.

Last edited:
What is the population like, I think I still have an all access pass so that would give me premium membership if that means anything.

Well I do not know about the Australian/NZ server population ( since being in EU), but you guys have at least 1 regional dedicated server, so no lag for you!
Since this game is being sometimes pretty slow paced and requires coordination and planning, you will meet slightly older/mature people than in average Call of Duty community.

Premium membership in this game means that you get 500 station cash every month (you can spend it on better weapons and cosmetics and boosts). You also are priority in queues and get resources faster. The resources % will go up when you have been member longer. Something like 1 month=10 % more exp and res, 2 months=20 % and all the way up to 50 %. It's pretty neat.

You might want to look for an outfit (clan) whom to play with. Easily quadruples the fun you can have with this game!

The easiest way to do it is to visit Planetside 2 forums Outfit Recruiting-section here: http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?forums/outfit-recruiting.15/

Good luck with the search !

Back