PLANET-DISSOLVING DUST CLOUD IS HEADED TOWARD EARTH!

KC72

Monday September 12, 2005

By MIKE FOSTER

CAMBRIDGE, Mass. -- Scared-stiff astronomers have detected a mysterious mass they've dubbed a "chaos cloud" that dissolves everything in its path, including comets, asteroids, planets and entire stars -- and it's headed directly toward Earth!

Discovered April 6 by NASA's Chandra X-ray Observatory, the swirling, 10 million-mile- wide cosmic dust cloud has been likened to an "acid nebula" and is hurtling toward us at close to the speed of light -- making its estimated time of arrival 9:15 a.m. EDT on June 1, 2014.

"The good news is that this finding confirms several cutting- edge ideas in theoretical physics," announced Dr. Albert Sherwinski, a Cambridge based astrophysicist with close ties to NASA.

"The bad news is that the total annihilation of our solar system is imminent."

Experts believe the chaos cloud is composed of particles spawned near the event horizon of a black hole (a form of what's called Hawking Radiation) that have been distorted by mangled information spewed from the hole.

"A super-massive black hole lies about 28,000 light-years from Earth at the center of our galaxy," explained Dr. Sherwinski.

"Last year the eminent physicist Stephen Hawking revised his theory of black holes -- which previously held that nothing could escape the hole's powerful gravitational field. He demonstrated that information about objects that have been sucked in can be emitted in mangled form.

"It now appears that mangled information can distort matter.

"Just imagine our galaxy the Milky Way as a beautiful, handwritten letter.

"Now imagine pouring a glass of water on the paper and watching the words dissolve as the stain spreads. That's what the chaos cloud does to every star or planet it encounters."

To avoid widespread panic, NASA has declined to make the alarming discovery public. But Dr. Sherwinski's contacts at the agency's Chandra X-ray Observatory leaked to him striking images of the newly discovered chaos cloud obliterating a large asteroid.

"It's like watching a helpless hog being dissolved in a vat of acid," one NASA scientist told Dr. Sherwinski.

Ordinarily, Hawkings Radiation is harmless.

"It's produced when an electron- positron pair are at the event horizon of a black hole," Dr. Sherwinski explained. "The intense curvature of space-time of the hole can cause the positron to fall in, while the electron escapes."

But when "infected" by mangled information from the black hole, the particles become a chaos cloud, which in turn mangles everything it touches.

"If it continues unchecked, the chaos cloud will eventually reduce our galaxy to the state of absolute chaos that existed before the birth of the universe," the astrophysicist warned.

Some scientists say mankind's best hope would be to build a "space ark" and hightail it to the Andromeda Galaxy, 2.1 million light-years away.

"We wouldn't be able to save the entire human population, but perhaps the best and the brightest," observed British rocket scientist Dr. David Hall, when asked about the feasibility of such a project.

But even if such a craft could be built in time, evacuating Earth might prove fruitless if theories about the origin of the chaos cloud are correct.

"A black hole at the center of Andromeda is about 15 times the size of the one in our own galaxy," Dr. Sherwinski noted. "It might be like jumping out of the frying pan into the fire."

Speaking under the condition of anonymity, a senior White House official said the president's top science advisors are taking the findings in stride.

"This is a lot like global warming, where the jury is still out on whether it's real or not," said the official.

http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/news/wwn/20050912/112653720010.html

:confused:

I think this quote speaks volumes about the attitude and arrogance of many in acedemia. Just another demonstration of thier lack of a grasp on reality.
Some scientists say mankind's best hope would be to build a "space ark" and hightail it to the Andromeda Galaxy, 2.1 million light-years away.
"We wouldn't be able to save the entire human population, but perhaps the best and the brightest," observed British rocket scientist Dr. David Hall, when asked about the feasibility of such a project.

I'd have a couple of question for them. Where exactly in the Andromeda galaxay are they going to go and after their 2.1 million year trip (at the speed of light no less) just how bright are they going to be?
I'm glad to see the folks in my old home town are still contributing to society. The things they do to waste grant money :roll:
Well as they say - "Earth to earth, ashes to ashes, dust to dust".

Yes, it is a hoax.

Origins: In mid-September 2005, a number of puzzled readers wrote to ask about an article they'd encountered online. According to the item they sent us, our solar system was slated to cease to exist in 2014 once a newly-discovered planet-eating cloud of dust enveloped it. Was it time to fire up the rocket ships and get the heck out of here?

Cancel your interplanetary evacuation plans — all one need know about the article quoted above is that it originated with the Weekly World News, an entertainment tabloid devoted to inventing fantastically fictitious stories while keeping its tongue firmly embedded in its cheek to a depth not measurable by any instrument known to man. Unfortunately, Yahoo!, a primary news source for many Internet users, reprints some Weekly World News articles in their TV News section under a heading of "Entertainment News & Gossip," a title that doesn't convey a strong "bogus" warning to readers who don't notice the original source is the Weekly World News (or don't know what the Weekly World News is).

The bogus article states: "It now appears that mangled information can distort matter." Our tendency is to agree.
http://www.snopes.com/science/dustcloud.asp

Okay, I only got 3 paragraphs in before I freaked out and searched for the source online to find it bogus.

PLEASE don't do that to me when I'm drunk, I tend to freak out very easily when I'm drinking ;)

KC72 said:
Monday September 12, 2005

By MIKE FOSTER

CAMBRIDGE, Mass. -- Scared-stiff astronomers have detected a mysterious mass they've dubbed a "chaos cloud" that dissolves everything in its path, including comets, asteroids, planets and entire stars -- and it's headed directly toward Earth!

Discovered April 6 by NASA's Chandra X-ray Observatory, the swirling, 10 million-mile- wide cosmic dust cloud has been likened to an "acid nebula" and is hurtling toward us at close to the speed of light -- making its estimated time of arrival 9:15 a.m. EDT on June 1, 2014.

"The good news is that this finding confirms several cutting- edge ideas in theoretical physics," announced Dr. Albert Sherwinski, a Cambridge based astrophysicist with close ties to NASA.

"The bad news is that the total annihilation of our solar system is imminent."

Experts believe the chaos cloud is composed of particles spawned near the event horizon of a black hole (a form of what's called Hawking Radiation) that have been distorted by mangled information spewed from the hole.

"A super-massive black hole lies about 28,000 light-years from Earth at the center of our galaxy," explained Dr. Sherwinski.

"Last year the eminent physicist Stephen Hawking revised his theory of black holes -- which previously held that nothing could escape the hole's powerful gravitational field. He demonstrated that information about objects that have been sucked in can be emitted in mangled form.

"It now appears that mangled information can distort matter.

"Just imagine our galaxy the Milky Way as a beautiful, handwritten letter.

"Now imagine pouring a glass of water on the paper and watching the words dissolve as the stain spreads. That's what the chaos cloud does to every star or planet it encounters."

To avoid widespread panic, NASA has declined to make the alarming discovery public. But Dr. Sherwinski's contacts at the agency's Chandra X-ray Observatory leaked to him striking images of the newly discovered chaos cloud obliterating a large asteroid.

"It's like watching a helpless hog being dissolved in a vat of acid," one NASA scientist told Dr. Sherwinski.

Ordinarily, Hawkings Radiation is harmless.

"It's produced when an electron- positron pair are at the event horizon of a black hole," Dr. Sherwinski explained. "The intense curvature of space-time of the hole can cause the positron to fall in, while the electron escapes."

But when "infected" by mangled information from the black hole, the particles become a chaos cloud, which in turn mangles everything it touches.

"If it continues unchecked, the chaos cloud will eventually reduce our galaxy to the state of absolute chaos that existed before the birth of the universe," the astrophysicist warned.

But even if such a craft could be built in time, evacuating Earth might prove fruitless if theories about the origin of the chaos cloud are correct.

"A black hole at the center of Andromeda is about 15 times the size of the one in our own galaxy," Dr. Sherwinski noted. "It might be like jumping out of the frying pan into the fire."

Speaking under the condition of anonymity, a senior White House official said the president's top science advisors are taking the findings in stride.

"This is a lot like global warming, where the jury is still out on whether it's real or not," said the official.

http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/news/wwn/20050912/112653720010.html

:confused:

I don't know if this could be true or not. Some scientists and astronomers are just plain crazy. They always think of the worst. But, I guess we will just have to wait 9 more years to find out eh? ;)

Whispering Death said:
Okay, I only got 3 paragraphs in before I freaked out and searched for the source online to find it bogus.

PLEASE don't do that to me when I'm drunk, I tend to freak out very easily when I'm drinking ;)

Warn me if you feel like you're gonna spew, man. I'll move back from my computer. :shock:

But. . . but wait a minute. I mean it's typed up, in paragraphs and all. And I didn't see any misspelled words or anything. Hey! It's even got a signature with a title. Come on, it's got to real.

OMG, we're all gonna die !!!!!

Another Chinese First - Reuters, Beijing

In a startling announcement from Beijing today Chinese scientists the Chinese have now laid claim to another first. Prof. Xia Jin Wei met with reporters to explain his team's findings which have led to a claim that Caucasian people were invented by the Chinese more than 4,000 years ago. Prof. Xia's claims have been met by raucous derision from western academicians.

Prof. Xia was charged by the Chinese government with investigating a discovery in Lanzhou by a farmer in early 2004. While plowing his field, near the suburbs of Lanzhou, Tin Shi tilled up the bones of a human. His call to authorities touched off a chain of events that is now ringing around the world.

The vanguard of the archaelogists arrived after local authorities from the Public Security Bureau were able to determine that the man was not recently deceased. Their call the the Ancient Crimes division drew the attention of authorities in Beijing who assigned Prof. Xia to investigate.

Prof. Xia's team consisting of two archaeologists, a paleontologist and a forensic examiner trained in the Netherlands began to piece together the puzzle of who killed this man and why. Carbon dating of the bones proved the man was killed sometime around 2400 BCE so they knew the perpetrator was long dead but the thrill of the mystery, according to Prof. Xia, drove them on.

The forensic examiner reconstructed the facial features to reveal the man was not Chinese but rather Caucasian. This would not have been a real surprise given the locale and the history of trading with the west in this area. The startling news came when genetic testing came back revealing that despite appearances the man was in fact Chinese.

Over the next nine months the scientists combed the historical records and the world's genetic fingerprinting databank maintained by the US Department of Homeland Security to solve this mystery of the "Chinese-Caucasian". In the end it was a manuscript in a vault at Zhong Nan Hai that provided the missing piece they needed to put this to bed.

In a dank vault under the headquarters of the Chinese Central Government next to the Forbidden City a text from the Fu Dynasty revealed that in the first years of the emperor Fu Fang science was king. The Emperor commissioned the scientists of his court to engineer a human to work for the Chinese in dangerous missions so as to not endanger the lives of real Chinese citizens. The initial tries were unsuccessful and revealed some very heart breaking cases of early eugenics. However success was finally achieved in the fourth year of the Emperor's reign.

These genetically modified people were sent forth from the palace to explore the unknown world and were bred in large numbers to staff a secret army that the king used to wage wars unknown to the common people. Wars that led to neighboring countries seeking revenge in later years utterly destroying the empire of Fu Fang's day.

The members of this secret race apparently never returned but instead managed to develop cities and cultures of their own outside the grasp of their masters. The failure and perhaps the legal ramifications of this government policy led to the entire affair being kept secret until now. The manuscript's very existance was not known except for a handful of people. Now with Prof. Xia's announcement and the sure to follow storm of discussion leads one to wonder what other "secrets" are waiting to be revealed under the floors of Zhong Nan Hai's leaders. Perhaps this is the first step in a "Chinese Glasnost".

Yes, and China invented white people too.
:shoothea:

You have no idea mate. Its absurd the list of "China did it first" tripe.

They claim everything from footie (soccer) to competitive swimming to artificial insemination... the list is endless. In fact, I was written up by my employer last year for calling foul and proving some textbooks wrong. Seems its pretty well documented that Egypt held the first competitive swimming contests across the Nile about a thousand years before the date the Chinese claim to have invented the sport.

It is an EXTREMELY nationalist culture mates. It is communist in name only. The government's claim to legitimacy has nothing to do with communism but everything to do with nationalism and the claims that accompany it. Questioning their claims is a real good way to start a rabid foaming at the mouth argument.

This is like how the "War of the Worlds" scare got started by Orson Welles - ficticious news produced in an authentic way fooling some of the audience. I bet there are people out there preparing in different ways for doomsday 2014. :roll:

Back