Planes in the 30s to 40s

JulesLee

I dont know where this might go..(if wrong section please move it XD) but since its between the two world wars, I would like to know planes that appeared/ played a role in history during this era.

thank you :mrgreen:

I got a crap load of books that show planes from the 30s to the 40s. Most of the planes used in the second world war were made in the early to mid 30s. when i have more time I will tell you more about each individual plane, or at least most of them.

Aircraft between the two World Wars.
Well the first one that springs to mind must be the DC2/3 and which is still serving today.
The Spitfire is another prewar plane that went right through the whole war and beyond.
Now how many RAF pilots from this era who does not have a soft spot for the Tiger Moth. It started as a trainer in the late 1920's and was still service as trainer in the late 1950's and hundreds of them are still flying.
Well theres a start on some of them

Now how many RAF pilots from this era who does not have a soft spot for the Tiger Moth. It started as a trainer in the late 1920's and was still service as trainer in the late 1950's and hundreds of them are still flying.
Well theres a start on some of them

My grandpa owned a Tiger Moth when he lived in Manitoba and before that he owned a Fleet Fawn. Both where used as trainers for the RAF and RCAF.

Back