Plane lost wing, lands safely ... it's a hoax .......

Chief Bones

Forums Grumpy Old Man
Plane lost it's wing ... yet lands safely ... it's a realistic hoax ....... very realistic.

It seems the clip is a digitally manipulated viral video for the German clothing company killathrill. (Note the name on the wing of the airplane).

As far as this story being true, there are absolutely NO news stories that have been aired or published in any media source. As far as the status of this story ... it is "Undetermined." Snopes feels the clip is stock airplane footage, mixed with footage of a remote controlled model airplane manipulated and mixed using digital video mixing.

When I first saw the clip, I thought it was possible for this to have happened ... but ... after watching it a half dozen times, something didn't look right. That's when I thought of checking this story out on the Snopes.com site. It is still a fun and exciting clip to watch ... it is so realistic (and surrealistic), it is almost believable. To have really pulled this one off for real, the stunt pilot (James Andersson), would have had to have been the luckiest hotdog pilot in history and would have had to beat odds that can't even be calculated. The aerodynamics of an aircraft without one of it's wing, would have made a landing the next thing to absolutely impossible.

I placed this in humor because I couldn't figure what other category it fit.

Last edited:
OMG!! dont care if its a hoax, it looks F***** scary! Increased my fear of flying,...damn I hate flying.

Well there is a guy on Youtube claiming it is fake and I tend to believe him.

Debunked?

I have seen aircraft fly with large chunks of a wing missing but cannot imagine an aircraft flying and landing with an entire wing missing.

OMG!! dont care if its a hoax, it looks F***** scary! Increased my fear of flying,...damn I hate flying.

Well if that scares you this probably wont help either...

Lightening

Windy

Last edited:
I agreew/Sherman re: IAF F15 Eagle lost right wing w/collision w/another IAF jet during training exercise. Wing gone to where it attaches to fuselage, but pilot was able to safely land. Believe article was in Military.com about 2 weeks ago.

Back