PLA

HindStrike

What would the PLA look like today if the tiananmen square protests never happened or happened in the mid to late 90s and the arms embargo never happened or was postponed. What equipment would they be operating, what would their doctrine be like etc.

I was just wondering because before the protests they seemed to be getting lots of new stuff like american radars and engines for their jets, french helicopters, and other stuff. Just wanted to know what else they would have gotten because my google searches came up short.

I was just wondering because before the protests they seemed to be getting lots of new stuff like american radars and engines for their jets, french helicopters, and other stuff. Just wanted to know what else they would have gotten because my google searches came up short.

What they cannot get through legal means, they steal... and they try to pass it as their own invention... The Lavi jet designed by the Israel, based on the F-16) is a good example...

Worse still, some failed miserably when they try to make it work...:biggun:

Yes, I know that, but there were some sales that were proposed to them. F-16/79 or F-16A were supposedly offered to the prc before the protests. Just makes me wonder what else we would have given them.

Back