863wt8.jpg

864cb7.jpg

865se7.jpg

866ty3.jpg

867tx6.jpg

868tf2.jpg

869pm2.jpg

870hh7.jpg

HAHAHAHAHA.... They're playing BF2 and it looks like they're playing as US Marines. The screen pictures where you can see the player's character, you see a M249 SAW. Also, what's with the little blue balloons with smiley faces on the side of the PC monitors?

They're probably doing this to do a computer rundown of some drills before they go out and do it for real. They probably did something to it to give them a better replay camera feature.

HAHAHAHAHA.... They're playing BF2 and it looks like they're playing as US Marines. The screen pictures where you can see the player's character, you see a M249 SAW. Also, what's with the little blue balloons with smiley faces on the side of the PC monitors?

That is hook for the headphone.

How sad. I can't believe they've resorted to this. I know we use a simulator system for armoured crews to practice contact drills and convoys, but using BF2 to train your infantry, that's just pathetic.

How sad. I can't believe they've resorted to this. I know we use a simulator system for armoured crews to practice contact drills and convoys, but using BF2 to train your infantry, that's just pathetic.

Yup, or it's all propaganda to keep their sheeple in line by making them believe that they on top of the world's military training.

You are probably correct on that one there. As long as you believe you are the top of the heap, then you'll have no reason to question your government.

i think you guys may be reading WAAAAAAAY too much into the pictures in the OP.... computer games CAN be a valuable (and cheap) training reasorce.

sure, it's no replacement for traditional training methods, but often principles such and movement & cover and fireteam support can be communicated quite well with games

i know of at least two commercially available games that were develped from USMC and US army training tools (first to fight & full spectrum warrior respectively)

besides that...in the origional post, those guys in the first picture sure do look like school kids and their teacher to me.

Either way it does seem like they've changed it a bit. Looks like in one of the photos the guy is pointing at some kind of analysis.
It's not so much what you use but how you use it. If you really have nothing, you can teach a group of guys how to properly conduct a convoy ambush with nothing but broom sticks for the most part.
Look at the sort of resources that America's enemies have used in the past: two sticks tied together to launch rockets, rudementary explosives, fishing boats packed with explosives...
These things are NOT to be laughed at. I respect those with resourcefulness as much as those with fancy equipment. Could you initially teach the fundamentals of combat to infantrymen with Battlefield 2 over LAN? Yes you can if you're creative enough. Then you get the guys outside with what they've learned and you do it with your equipment (initially without ammunition)
etc.
No laughing guys.

Battlefield 2 is a terrible choice for a training tool. It's an arcade game. If those soldiers took it to heart, they'd end up trying to dolphin dive whilst firing their QBZ SAW. If they did a little research, they'd know that Operation Flashpoint or Armed Assault would be better choices. They're far more realistic and in fact I believe they are commercial products based on an actual military sim used by the USMC.

I'd need some confirmation on that last bit, though.

It's definitely Zatar Wetlands, but do you see the number of tickets? 3000 tickets per team? Are they playing 512 vs. 512? That's going to take forever.

two sticks tied together to launch rockets
That's not fair, those were used by the British at a time when they had the technological advantage (congreve rockets). It's like saying "America's enemies used muskets". At the time so did America. :p

Two sticks tied together to launch rockets come from the Vietnam War.

BF2 probably wasn't a great choice but I wouldn't laugh until I actually saw the results. You'd be surprised. It's like people who laugh at paintball and then realize that it can be used as an effective training tool IF USED PROPERLY.

Back