• Good idea

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • In between

• Dont care

• Total voters

Sooners1

Recently there has been a major debate in our city about bannin pit bulls. Last night at a city council meeting it was passed and they are gonna make the new laws and put them into affect immediately. Current owners will be able to keep their dogs until they die but only if they follow strict guidelines, one of which is a $100,000 insurance policy and once the dog dies they will not be allowed to get another one. There are more guidelines in the makin. Opponents of the law "Ban the deed, not the breed" have a law suit pendin. I was wonderin what everyone thought about this.

The municipalities in our county ban pit's inside the city limits. All of them. You can however own them if you were grandfathered with much the same restrictions as you mentioned.

One town bans not only pits but Rot's and dobies as well all of it in my opinion is because the vast majority of these animals (in my area anyway) were owned by idiots who thought it was macho to have a "bad" dog.

We live on a block with a few dogs, one day a couples dog (a firefighter and a cop) just a puppy (golden lab) got excited when he saw my little girl, well he just barreled on towards her and jumped! well it knocked her over and scared her half to death, now i couldn't imagine if it was a full grown pitbull or roti or whatever! i think it's sad to have to ban a bread because the owners are to stupid or careless to raise them or keep them properly but i think outside city limits would be fine, i would not want them on my street :(

GUNNER

I really don't like the idea, as you can't tell where it will end. Dobermans would have to go, then of course the German Shepard, don't forget the highly dangerous bull dog. It would never end. =/

EDIT:there is definate sarcasm about banning the other dogs, I was making a point.

On the local news, the other day, there was a festival to clear up the breed's tarnished image. It's always the owners that are a result of the dog's ill-temperedness.

In my opinion, the problems are not the dogs but their owners.

Almost every time I see one of these "dangerous dogs", their holder is one of these wannabe pimp *ssheads who just have this dog trying to impress people or making some money with dogfights :evil:

So sad, i love German Shepards. What would banning certain types of dogs do? It would be better to ban the stupid owners from having any more dogs.

American Staffordshire Terrier - Inherently vicious? Definitely not!

Somewhere around 60 years ago the Little Rascals had their faithful dog Petey with a black patch over it's eye was the best friend those kids could could have as it was doing tricks and getting them out of jams with a bit of laughter.

In 1835 the British Parliament outlawed bull baiting, a sadistic gambling game in which bulldogs were used to attack and harass bulls brought to market with the dubious intention of tenderizing the meat.

The Staffordshire Terrier got a bad rap because of the people who owned them.

In my opinion it is all owners. In my day we were taught to stay away from Dobermans because they are mean and would kill you in a second, before that it Rotts now it is pits. It all boils down to irresponsible owners. Dogs are not born/bred mean they are taught it

Ban them.
I think it's fair to just get rid of these dogs from heavily populated areas. We don't need to satisfy some idiot who thinks it's cool to have a mean dog at the expense of peace of mind of some parent who has an 8 year old kid.

Ban Poor old Dogs that Never did a thing wrong? Bulldogs are some of the best dogs you can have, they are very loyal. Shepards and labs are the same.

Back