Pistons Fight

View Poll Results :What did you think of the fight?
Was really cool 2 22.22%
was mildly amusing 5 55.56%
could've been better 0 0%
didn't see it. 2 22.22%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

--

November 22nd, 2004  
master2001

Topic: Pistons Fight

Anyone hear about the fight between ron artest and one of the fans? That was cool!
November 22nd, 2004  
Marksman

It was just the thing that regained my love for NBA,darn I love when guys fight on games (cant get enough from Partizan : crvena zvezda) this was pretty migty one,especially when that dude with orange tape around his head,smacked that poor arse fan and blew him to the floor,i want to see it again :P
November 23rd, 2004  
Hegario

I personally think that they were all a bunch of grade-a idiots. I just can't decide which is a bigger idiot, Artest for hitting or the fan for throwing whatever he threw. When the players are out in the court they should be untouchable and when you buy a ticket you don't get the right to attack the players. Heckle maybe, but not physically provoke. Of course the same goes to the players. When fans heckle them with their witty rhetoric they shouldn't get riled up too much.

I feel sorry for the moms and dads who took their kids out that night.

We just had a similar case here in Finland where an icehockey-player hit a fan with his stick while the player was in the penaltybox.
--
November 23rd, 2004  
Darkmb101

it was a bunch of male stupidity. sorry but girls dont go all out like that. its a shame that the children and elderly had to witness that.
November 23rd, 2004  
master2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmb101
it was a bunch of male stupidity. sorry but s dont go all out like that. its a shame that the children and elderly had to witness that.
The problem is that most children and elderly have already experienced that type of in their own lives. And women don't go all out like that because they are more level headed than men.
November 24th, 2004  
DTop

Quote:
And women don't go all out like that because they are more level headed than men.
The fact of the matter is that most men have the self control not to do that either. Can you imagine if other professions acted as idiotic as Ron Artest? What if a teacher decided that because someone mouthed off to them in class that it'd be OK to beat that student? People would be outraged and that teacher would be fired and charged with assault and battery.
Artest has a long history of unstable behavior. The fans should not be off the hook for this either but the fact remains that if Artest hadn't gone into the stands, none of this would have happened. If the offending fans can be identified, they should be banned from future games as well. Yes there is enough blame to go around but Artest was the trigger. He wasn't defending himself from someone half his size, he was retaliating. Well he said he wanted time off to make his rap album, now he has it.
That's just my 2 cents worth.
November 24th, 2004  
egoz

I agree with you DTop. All these fans keep complaining about how they aren't in the game anymore and they're too far from the action. But when they do crap like throw beer at the players what do you expect? I have to commend professional athletes for taking all the crap they do from fans. They can get pretty harsh, but 99% of the time the athletes don't do anything about it. It's when the fan crosses the line that you realize they are only human too.
November 30th, 2004  
master2001

Actually, one of my coaches did that to one of my friends so it isn't entirely impossible.
November 30th, 2004  
DTop

Quote:
Originally Posted by master2001
Actually, one of my coaches did that to one of my friends so it isn't entirely impossible.
Did what?
December 10th, 2004  
master2001

went all out on one of my friends it was a continuation of the post that some put after mine.