Pistol's,whats your favorite?

Done Choseing?

• The M 9

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Glock 17

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Other,if chosen dont post it,keep it simple

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • Sukio you did something wrong,Ill PM you.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Yossarian

Forum Resistance Leader
Heres the scencerio,your a soldier going on a rountine patrol in a Middle Eastern city,small tight corners and plenty of places to hide for you ,and the enemy,perfect for pistols,if you had the choice at the armory ,two choices,the U.S. miliary M9,AKA made by Barreta,or the Glock 17 9mm,as most of you know ,Both are nine mm,and both are good pistols,chose your favorite on your choice,not by someone elses,below are some of the specs for both weapons.

http://www.enemyforces.com/firearms/glock17.htm Glock 17
or
http://www.enemyforces.com/firearms/beretta92.htm Barreta 92

Last edited:
I dont like 9mm very much. it just doesnt inspire any confidence in me that it can take someone down. I prefer a larger caliber, .40 or .45 mostly.

I steal for food,thats a good answer,but ,the 45. is retired,and I want to stay with today's military.Sorry,but.........

Sukio said:
I steal for food,thats a good answer,but ,the 45. is retired,and I want to stay with today's military.Sorry,but.........

Except the .45 is on its way back. The Army, at least, is accepting designs from various manufacturers.

Topic:

M-4. Why use a pistol when you can use a carbine?

If I, for some strange quirk of fate, had only those two weapons to choose from, I'd pick Glock. They're simply more comfortable to me.

yep, the .45 is coming back into service. Im so glad about that. If it didn't I would probably take my own pistol if I was going to fight.

Im sure the corps wounld mind If went to Bass Pro or a gun show,pick up a 44 mag,or 500,take on the plane,get to hot zone and throw down your M9 in digust ,and bring that sucker to bare!LOL!

DesertEagle44MagnumSilvnew.jpg

500.jpg

Last edited:
well, i dont think it would be that big a problem if i was a Marine. i dont plan in being in too much combat before then!

Sukio said:
Im sure the corps wounld mind If went to Bass Pro or a gun show,pick up a 44 mag,or 500,take on the plane,get to hot zone and throw down your M9 in digust ,and bring that sucker to bare!LOL!

DesertEagle44MagnumSilvnew.jpg

500.jpg

You are joking...right?

GLOCK 22 .40 S&W

For you 1911 fans out there. Springfield Armory Custom in .460 Rowland.

But the best ever made, S&W Model 25 .45 Colt

moving0target said:
Except the .45 is on its way back. The Army, at least, is accepting designs from various manufacturers.

Topic:

M-4. Why use a pistol when you can use a carbine?

If I, for some strange quirk of fate, had only those two weapons to choose from, I'd pick Glock. They're simply more comfortable to me.
Carbine inflames sentiments of residents.
Your commander may not allow you to have a carbine on patrorl.
M1911 is the best pistol I've ever seen.

sandy said:
Carbine inflames sentiments of residents.
Your commander may not allow you to have a carbine on patrorl.
M1911 is the best pistol I've ever seen.

Actually it's more the white people carrying the carbines in the scenario here. Indigs hauling around Kalashnikovs don't seem to worry residents too much.

I have a soft spot for the M1911A1 just like I do for the M1 Garand and the M1 Carbine. I've put thousands of rounds through them and, hopefully, will continue to do the same. I am, however, under no illusion that they are modern combat alternatives. Sentimentality is a dangerous thing when it comes to equipping troops.

Hmmm, the whole scenario doesn't seem right to me.
Firstly, why are you worrying about what pistol is "your favourite".
If it comes to using your pistol then something has gone horribly wrong.
Anything that puts rounds down range in that situation is good enough.

Secondly, for your info. I'd want the Browning L9A1 9mm HP. It is battle proven. It might be old, and might only have an effective range of 25m, but if it's good enough to be the side arm of the Australian army, then it's good enough for me.

The walther p99 is the best pistol i've ever used.(although I would love to fire a glock 18 on full auto or try out one of the monster calibre autos).
Like the specs on the cztt although i,ve never handled one.
I agree with aussienick the Browning HP is tried and tested so I would have to choose that for my weapon of choice if nescessary to use a pistol.

Back