Pistol/Rifle Qualifications

--

May 25th, 2004  
Mack

Topic: Pistol/Rifle Qualifications

Does anyone have a good web listing of the various qualification levels for pistol/rifle marksmanship medals? (In other words, what someone must shoot/what levels/what scores/etc., to attain a specific rating?) Thanks in advance
May 25th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Topic: Moved

Moved to hardware.
May 25th, 2004  
Redneck

For which country? Which service? Any specific weapons?
--
May 25th, 2004  
Mack

US with standard service weapons (M16 and 9mm?)
May 25th, 2004  
Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack
US with standard service weapons (M16 and 9mm?)
Marines? Navy? Army? Air Force?

As far as the Army goes, with an M16 you have to hit 23 of 40 pop-up targets on a 300m range to qualify as a Marksman, the lowest qualification.
30 for Sharpshooter, and 36 for Expert.

http://www.goarmy.com/basic/week04/smedia/sm3body.htm
May 26th, 2004  
Nero

I believe for 9mil the quals are 18 out of 30 for marksman, 22 out of 30 for sharpshooter, and 26 out of 30 for expert.
May 26th, 2004  
Redneck

I don't know what the standards are for the M9/M11 (and can't seem to find the little barstards on the internet), but at Ft. Knox we were given two ten round magazines on a 25m pop-up range, I missed one (defective round ), and the sergeant who was yelling out the scores at the end said it was Expert.
May 26th, 2004  
FutureRANGER

Might this help? I don't time to go through it now, but I will when I get home (if someone else hasn't already). Looks relevant.

http://www.adtdl.army.mil/cgi-bin/at...23.35/appa.htm
May 26th, 2004  
Mack

Thanks for all the info folks. Has anyone seen anything Navy specific? Or, does anyone know what sort of weapons training given to Navy officers, particularly in the "Direct Appointment" Program (for the reserves - a two week course in Pensacola)? I've not been able to find much more than general information on the Navy's website.
May 26th, 2004  
ruger322003

what kind of weapons and what country are you looking for?