pistol info.........

tapout

what is the best pistol to have for every day carry?:)

what do you guys think of the SR40?

Last edited:
what is the best pistol to have for every day carry?:)

what do you guys think of the SR40?

I carry a GLOCK 22 as a duty gun and off duty most of the time. The Ruger SR40 is simply to new.... not enough time in the streets to build up good cred. Ruger makes damn good guns but they've had recall issues with their SR9, LCP, and SR556 rifle.

I tend to agree with the Glock. It's used by lots of Law Enforcement agencies for good reason. Simple to use and reliable. But give me a 17 over a 19. I prefer the longer grip and barrel.

In service as a sidearm, or everyday carry as a civilian/back-up gun?

In the first case I'd go for a Glock, and my favourite would be 9mm. Glock17.
In the latter case I'd make an odd choise, and pick the 7,65mm Walther PP or PPK.

May sound like a ridicolous and underpowered choice, but fact is that their reliability are well proven for more than half a century, they will fit into holsters and pockets without snagging, can be carried loaded, and the little .32ACP/7,65mm will do the job on close range.

In service as a sidearm, or everyday carry as a civilian/back-up gun?

In the first case I'd go for a Glock, and my favourite would be 9mm. Glock17.
In the latter case I'd make an odd choise, and pick the 7,65mm Walther PP or PPK.

May sound like a ridicolous and underpowered choice, but fact is that their reliability are well proven for more than half a century, they will fit into holsters and pockets without snagging, can be carried loaded, and the little .32ACP/7,65mm will do the job on close range.
One of the classic discussion topics! Do you go for an effective cartridge, like the .40 S&W & .45ACP in a big package vs something less effective like 7.65/.32ACP & .380 that is in a much easier size package to lug around(assuming were talking about concieled carry). Service carry, Glock in 40 or 45!

A Walther PP series handgun is dead weight. For a pistol in that caliber go with a modern design like a Kel-Tec P3AT or Ruger LCP.

Like I said, I carry a fullsize service pistol day in and day out. I use my GLOCK 22 both on and off duty as a cop and as a private citizen. Carrying a service pistol is easy. You dress around the gun, not the other way around.

I am able to ccw my six inch S&W 686 .357 Magnum and all I wear are shorts, t shirt, and a pair of flipflops.

A Walther PP series handgun is dead weight. For a pistol in that caliber go with a modern design like a Kel-Tec P3AT or Ruger LCP.

Like I said, I carry a fullsize service pistol day in and day out. I use my GLOCK 22 both on and off duty as a cop and as a private citizen. Carrying a service pistol is easy. You dress around the gun, not the other way around.

I am able to ccw my six inch S&W 686 .357 Magnum and all I wear are shorts, t shirt, and a pair of flipflops.

When I heard, some years ago, that the Norwegian army had picked the Glock 17 as their new sidearm I was very surprised. Why? Because it was a very good choice. Particularly for a mainly conscription army as it was at that time. The US army had just picked the Beretta, which created an uproar in the States, as I understood it.​

Back