The Pissed off German Pilot

Yin717

This actually happened to one of my friends at church when he was coming home from Germany.

He was sitting on a return flight to Britain when the pilot began to announce the safety instructions. He was German and naturally said them in German first. He was then silent but forgot to turn off his mic. The cabin crew told him he had to do the announcement again in English. He then replied in English, so everyone on board could hear:
'I am a German pilot, on a German airline, in a German owned plane in a German airport. Why the hell must I speak in English?'
While this was happening a British pilot was listening to the whole thing and when the German pilot stopped he tapped in and said:
'Because you lost the bloody war!'
After that the pilot shut up and did everything he was meant to do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I know. I was slightly worried about that but at the end of the day it was a bit out of line for that pilot to refuse to do what he is supposed to do.

Another true story.
Allegedly the German air controllers at Frankfurt Airport are renowned as a short-tempered lot. They, it is alleged, not only expect one to know one's gate parking location, but how to get there without any assistance from them.

The following exchange was between Frankfurt ground control and a British Airways 747, call sign Speedbird 206.

Speedbird 206: "Frankfurt, Speedbird 206 clear of active runway."

Ground: "Speedbird 206. Taxi to gate Alpha One-Seven." The BA 747 pulled onto the main taxiway and slowed to a stop.

Ground: "Speedbird, do you not know where you are going?"

Speedbird 206: "Stand by, Ground, I'm looking up our gate location now."

Ground (with quite arrogant impatience): "Speedbird 206, have you not been to Frankfurt before?"

Speedbird 206 (coolly): "Yes, twice in 1944, but it was dark,... and I didn't land."

Back