A picture's worth a thousand words

phoenix80

Banned
The picture was taken during the Darfur rally in Washington D.C

All who live in Tyranny and hopelessness can know: The US will not ignore your oppression or excuse your oppressor - President George W. Bush in January 2nd, 2005 Inaugural Address

-------------

And that is what I love about the United States. It means protection for those living in tyranny, freedom & equality for all, human rights and brotherhood to me and billions of people on this planet.

Last edited:
Pfff nice words cost no money! Let's see him back it up with actions... Can I pick a country that fits the description?

Ted said:
Pfff nice words cost no money! Let's see him back it up with actions... Can I pick a country that fits the description?

Unfortunatly you would find just about every country in the west and many in the far east as well I'm certain.

I'm sorry, didn't we just liberate two nations from oppression. Afghanistan and Iraq?

Maybe this idiot needs to pull his head out of his arse.

He is more than likely one of those that believe that the UN is the world power. Why doesn't he ***** about their actions in Darfur.

Easy gentlemen. Easy. This is just another example of two factions in the United States. Those for the US, and those against the US who will fight at everything we do, be it a democratic decision or a republican decision...I personally think that if we got more nations involved, we could get more "liberating" done quicker...just MHO

ASTRALdragon said:
Then you should move down here. :cheers:

I will come for a short visit this summer and once I am done with my education here!

I'm sorry, didn't we just liberate two nations from oppression. Afghanistan and Iraq?

He is more than likely one of those that believe that the UN is the world power. Why doesn't he ***** about their actions in Darfur.

European mentality?

The US has liberated the entire planet as far as I know.

Look at those places where the US fought in for their freedom, Germany, France... Europe in General, South Korea, Japan,.... etc
and look at those places Europeans went in to colonize, namely Africa and East Asia

Last edited:
5.56X45mm said:

I suppose you were referring to me with that comment?

First of all, I don't believe the UN holds world power nor will it ever. Therefore I am not "bitching" about there actions in Darfur.
All who live in Tyranny and hopelessness can know: The US will not ignore your oppression or excuse your oppressor - President George W. Bush in January 2nd, 2005 Inaugural Address

As I said "nice words".... but if he is serious about his words, what is keeping him? Liberating two particular countries (if you want to call it that, since there is still a terrible amount of violence) is a nice start. But even you and Phoenix must see that he says ALL and he is not even close to a few!
It's just a load of bollocks, you know that, I know that and they especially know that! It is nice rethorics which will never become true. Where I am from you say the things you are ready to back up and don't say things because they just sound nice. If you want to believe this Sesame-street rethoric... fine! But take a look around and where is the US in Darfur, Chad, Liberia, Myanmar, Nepal, Haiti, and the list goes on and on!

Ted said:

First of all, I don't believe the UN holds world power nor will it ever. Therefore I am not "bitching" about there actions in Darfur.

As I said "nice words".... but if he is serious about his words, what is keeping him? Liberating two particular countries (if you want to call it that, since there is still a terrible amount of violence) is a nice start. But even you and Phoenix must see that he says ALL and he is not even close to a few!
It's just a load of bollocks, you know that, I know that and they especially know that! It is nice rethorics which will never become true. Where I am from you say the things you are ready to back up and don't say things because they just sound nice. If you want to believe this Sesame-street rethoric... fine! But take a look around and where is the US in Darfur, Chad, Liberia, Myanmar, Nepal, Haiti, and the list goes on and on!

if you say so but I simply dont care!

Hmmm, wouldn't say iraq or afghanistan are liberated either. The Administration are just a bunch of cunning greedy wankers with no respect for the lives of american soldiers or the cultures of other nations.

America did definitely liberate a shit load of countrys, a brief list was mentioned earlier, and i say, good on em! But they were liberated for precise and defined reasons. No qualms about America going after afghanistan but WHY DIDN'T THEY GET THE JOB DONE?! As for iraq :bang:

America: good
Adminstration: Bad
UN: Annnnyway! :roll:

phoenix80 said:
if you say so but I simply dont care!

That is a sentence many despots, tyrants and dictators use when they hear something they don't like. Going into a discussion and counter-arguing that you don't care what is said... well, it will never win a beauty-contest that's for sure. I take it that you didn't agree with what I said, right?

Luckily for us the ruthless tyrants in sudan agreed to a peace deal with the largest rebel faction in darfur. I guess diplomacy can work if you're willing to wait while the killing goes on, tough choice. The problem with a military intervention would be that we send troops there or a coalition goes there and soldiers are getting killed and nothing is getting solved.

Ted said:
That is a sentence many despots, tyrants and dictators use when they hear something they don't like. Going into a discussion and counter-arguing that you don't care what is said... well, it will never win a beauty-contest that's for sure. I take it that you didn't agree with what I said, right?

oh I see!

Ted said:

well, a little help wouldnt hurt. we cant over..errr liberate the world by ourselves.

The US doesn't liberate nations, infrastructure does. It's true, the better run a nation is the more freedoms its inhabitants have. The best thing the USA can do is fund development projects in those nations and make everything more efficient, military actions aren't going to improve the lives of people, progress is.

If africa was as developed as say latin america, there wouldn't be this horrendous suffering we hear about all the time, just the occasional rebel uprising which is a farcry from the indiscriminant slaughter they know too well.

behemoth79 said:
well, a little help wouldnt hurt. we cant over..errr liberate the world by ourselves.
I know that Behemoth, and I respect the intent. But in that picture they promised that the US would liberate all. "All who live in tyranny and hopelessness..." Nice words but they don´t mean diddly.
I wish that Europe, the US and the rising powers in Asia would find a way to stop the cruelty in, say Africa. But that is a Utopic thought and won´t happen soon. So it is the obvious propaganda in that picture that makes my hair curl, because it is simply not true.

Back