Pics of your dog

Corocotta

I do not know you guys, but I love dogs. I have a couple, a westhighland terrier and a dobberman(well, this is my girlfriend´s, but almost mine too,jeje), they are awsome. Now I can only post pics of Gina, the dobby.
I would like to see your dogs...
Thanks.

DSCN4707.jpg

DSCN4587.jpg

We kinda covered this in the "post pics of your pets" thread but I guess dog specific will fly with the mods so here goes.

This is Odin, my sixth German Shepard and the finest I've had.

There is a witticism among dog breeders and knowledgable owners that the best dogs are those that mirror their caretaker. For me Odin fits that bill by far the best. Later I'll up a picture of Max if there's interest. Max was my third German Shepard and not the brightest though far from dumb. He was, however, the most heroic - even more so than Willie, the dog that saved us from the fire.

Your pics don't show up, staurofilakes.

Nice photos, OCDTSmith. I see you have a "reindeer" too. Your's is more tolerant though.
;)

Very nice undocked Doberman there, staurofilakes. Looks ready to go.

Thanks, Odin is indeed very smart. One of the things that makes him my best. He learns commands usually only after being shown once or twice and is a high ranking shutzhund. He's even taken on some human behavior. He "sits" in a chair with his butt in the seat and his front legs on the floor much like a person sits. He also knocks on doors instead of scratches. When he was a puppy my best friend used to come by at least once or twice a day and knock at the door so I guess he figured that's what you're supposed to do. His best trick is he picks up all his toys when he's done. I had an obviously harried mother of four come up to me at a park once who pointed at her kids and said, "Can you teach them to do that?". :lol:

Oh, and he's just turned 4 years old.

Charge_7 said:
Very nice undocked Doberman there, staurofilakes. Looks ready to go.

Thanks, Odin is indeed very smart. One of the things that makes him my best. He learns commands usually only after being shown once or twice and is a high ranking shutzhund. He's even taken on some human behavior. He "sits" in a chair with his butt in the seat and his front legs on the floor much like a person sits. He also knocks on doors instead of scratches. When he was a puppy my best friend used to come by at least once or twice a day and knock at the door so I guess he figured that's what you're supposed to do. His best trick is he picks up all his toys when he's done. I had an obviously harried mother of four come up to me at a park once who pointed at her kids and said, "Can you teach them to do that?". :lol:
Oh, and he's just turned 4 years old.

Wooow, He is really smart!!!
Here in sweeden is forbiden to cut tail & ears, they have a less agressive look. My girlfriend trains a lot with Gina, she has a tons of toys like Odin, but she is not as tidy as yours!!! hehehe :D
She also has some human behavior, she loves fruit, she eats orange, carrots,apple, she could be a vegetarian ;) She uses her legs to hold the fruit just like a human would do. She is so funny...When my girlfrien asks her: Where is daddy? she just comes running to me like a bullet :D

You had a dog that saved your family from a fire???? I would love to ear that history!!! :eek:

Yes, one night several years ago I woke up to find myself being dragged across the bedroom floor by my t-shirt and my dog, Willie, on the other end. As I came to I saw the room filled with smoke and realized the house was on fire. I got my wife up and grabbed our kids and out the door we all went as the flames went higher and higher. Later it was determined to be an electrical fault that caused the fire. Willie saved us all.

As amazing as that rescue was though it pales compared to what Max did. He gave his life for me. Consciously, and despite already being mortally wounded he did not relent in his courageous act of self-sacrifice. The details of this are not something I often discuss and I'm more than hesitent to do so here. It is so beyond the norm that it sounds incredible to believe and so I don't talk about it. I know it happened, and I know too that I'd have been dead 30 years ago if not for Max. I still carry his picture in my wallet. I still choke up when I think about him.

Having lived these experiences, is it any wonder I value German Shepards beyond all dogs?

Incredible! :shock:

You must be really proud of your German Shepards, I can understand why you love them so much.

It is amazing what a dog can do for his partner....they are great. Now I understand why they call them the "best friend of the man". I just can´t understand why some religions like muslims say that it is a dirty animal and they scorn them....

I have a small 8 lb dog and a 11 lb cat. I want a big dog... but my fiancé disagrees--saying our house is too small for a big dog. Small dogs are kind of stupid, although I must agree they are pretty cute :D

ca25576.jpg

vu25577.jpg

vl25578.jpg

ln25579.jpg

ka25580.jpg

Your dog is cool!!! 8)

I use to think like your financé. I changed my mind: now I live in a 30 square meters apartment with my girlfriend and her 40 Kg dobberman. Regina(the dobby) is really calm, and she just get excited when we wake up.
If you are outside with her enough time...(around 3 hours a day), everything is great. if you don´t... do not leave shoes close to her ;) hehehe.

Today my girlfriend bought something you can install in the bike and ride with the dog. It is great...the dog gets so tired.... :p

Nice...

Charger, reading your writing already make me tear. Yes I am very sentimental. Love your dog stories so far.

Zyca, LOL with your description of your 8 pound dog. But it is really cool that your cat and dog can get along like that picture.

I have a 10 pound maltese. He is definately a Horn-dog. But I made sure that I am the master of the domain. He is smart but dumb at the same time. What can I do? It grows on ya.

Nice pic. I don't see how that thing prevents your girlfriend from hurtling sideways though should Regina see some varmint.

Charge_7 said:
Nice pic. I don't see how that thing prevents your girlfriend from hurtling sideways though should Regina see some varmint.

Well, It could happen.....hope not...We have been trying it a couple of time and the dog is already u´sed to it, she likes it...and we love it..she gets so tired! ;)

This is how I tire out Odin (and me too)

Nice pics!!
My girlfriend used to do that with Gina, but after some time she noticed that gina was a litle bit more agressive with other dogs. Have you noticed something similar with Odin?

By the way, nice name for a dog, the viking god of war...this fits with your sign: "War Dogs" :rambo:

Back