Pics of your dog

--
Boots

April 5th, 2005  
Corocotta

Topic: Pics of your dog

I do not know you guys, but I love dogs. I have a couple, a westhighland terrier and a dobberman(well, this is my girlfriend´s, but almost mine too,jeje), they are awsome. Now I can only post pics of Gina, the dobby.
I would like to see your dogs...
Thanks.

April 5th, 2005  
CanadianCowgirl

Here's a pic of my Golden Retirever.....
http://photobucket.com/albums/y104/A...t=100_0970.jpg

http://photobucket.com/albums/y104/A...t=100_0040.jpg

lol, as u can tell from the pics my dog likes to play dressup....:P
April 5th, 2005  
Corocotta

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCDTSmith
Here's a pic of my Golden Retirever.....
http://photobucket.com/albums/y104/A...t=100_0970.jpg

http://photobucket.com/albums/y104/A...t=100_0040.jpg

lol, as u can tell from the pics my dog likes to play dressup....:P
cool
--
Boots
April 5th, 2005  
Charge 7

We kinda covered this in the "post pics of your pets" thread but I guess dog specific will fly with the mods so here goes.

This is Odin, my sixth German Shepard and the finest I've had.

There is a witticism among dog breeders and knowledgable owners that the best dogs are those that mirror their caretaker. For me Odin fits that bill by far the best. Later I'll up a picture of Max if there's interest. Max was my third German Shepard and not the brightest though far from dumb. He was, however, the most heroic - even more so than Willie, the dog that saved us from the fire.

Your pics don't show up, staurofilakes.

Nice photos, OCDTSmith. I see you have a "reindeer" too. Your's is more tolerant though.
April 6th, 2005  
Corocotta

I know, my pics do not appear, they did in the moment i posted them, I will try again later...
April 6th, 2005  
Corocotta

Charge, your dog looks really smart!! How old is him?
April 6th, 2005  
Corocotta

Here she is. This is Regina!

http://dobermann-nytt.se/Dark%20Nigh...s%20Regina.jpg
April 6th, 2005  
Charge 7

Very nice undocked Doberman there, staurofilakes. Looks ready to go.

Thanks, Odin is indeed very smart. One of the things that makes him my best. He learns commands usually only after being shown once or twice and is a high ranking shutzhund. He's even taken on some human behavior. He "sits" in a chair with his butt in the seat and his front legs on the floor much like a person sits. He also knocks on doors instead of scratches. When he was a puppy my best friend used to come by at least once or twice a day and knock at the door so I guess he figured that's what you're supposed to do. His best trick is he picks up all his toys when he's done. I had an obviously harried mother of four come up to me at a park once who pointed at her kids and said, "Can you teach them to do that?".

Oh, and he's just turned 4 years old.
April 6th, 2005  
Corocotta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charge_7
Very nice undocked Doberman there, staurofilakes. Looks ready to go.

Thanks, Odin is indeed very smart. One of the things that makes him my best. He learns commands usually only after being shown once or twice and is a high ranking shutzhund. He's even taken on some human behavior. He "sits" in a chair with his butt in the seat and his front legs on the floor much like a person sits. He also knocks on doors instead of scratches. When he was a puppy my best friend used to come by at least once or twice a day and knock at the door so I guess he figured that's what you're supposed to do. His best trick is he picks up all his toys when he's done. I had an obviously harried mother of four come up to me at a park once who pointed at her kids and said, "Can you teach them to do that?".
Oh, and he's just turned 4 years old.
Wooow, He is really smart!!!
Here in sweeden is forbiden to cut tail & ears, they have a less agressive look. My girlfriend trains a lot with Gina, she has a tons of toys like Odin, but she is not as tidy as yours!!! hehehe
She also has some human behavior, she loves fruit, she eats orange, carrots,apple, she could be a vegetarian She uses her legs to hold the fruit just like a human would do. She is so funny...When my girlfrien asks her: Where is daddy? she just comes running to me like a bullet

You had a dog that saved your family from a fire???? I would love to ear that history!!!
April 8th, 2005  
Charge 7

Yes, one night several years ago I woke up to find myself being dragged across the bedroom floor by my t-shirt and my dog, Willie, on the other end. As I came to I saw the room filled with smoke and realized the house was on fire. I got my wife up and grabbed our kids and out the door we all went as the flames went higher and higher. Later it was determined to be an electrical fault that caused the fire. Willie saved us all.

As amazing as that rescue was though it pales compared to what Max did. He gave his life for me. Consciously, and despite already being mortally wounded he did not relent in his courageous act of self-sacrifice. The details of this are not something I often discuss and I'm more than hesitent to do so here. It is so beyond the norm that it sounds incredible to believe and so I don't talk about it. I know it happened, and I know too that I'd have been dead 30 years ago if not for Max. I still carry his picture in my wallet. I still choke up when I think about him.

Having lived these experiences, is it any wonder I value German Shepards beyond all dogs?