Pics of your dog

Uh, well, I can't take credit for being under control. Truth is I wasn't there when it happened. My fiancée was. I was out with Odin or maybe he would've been shot too. Molly was in the kitchen and heard the shot, saw Brunhilde drop, saw the guy across the street and then saw him get in his truck. She flew out and got in her car to follow him to get the plate number. So Molly's to be given credit for doing the right thing. I think if I had been there I would've broken some traffic laws at the very least. :evil:

Charge 7 said:
Here's a pic of our new "baby".

Freya just arrived from Germany and she will be our new breeding female when she's old enough a couple years from now.

[/quote

OMGosh!!! HOW CUTE!!!! :D

Charge 7 said:
Uh, well, I can't take credit for being under control. Truth is I wasn't there when it happened. My fiancée was. I was out with Odin or maybe he would've been shot too. Molly was in the kitchen and heard the shot, saw Brunhilde drop, saw the guy across the street and then saw him get in his truck. She flew out and got in her car to follow him to get the plate number. So Molly's to be given credit for doing the right thing. I think if I had been there I would've broken some traffic laws at the very least. :evil:

I just can not understand how this guy thought that your dog was a coyote...Was Brunhilde in your garden, property...?
Your financée must be a really upright person, with iron nerves ;)

That was just an excuse. He knew he was killing a dog. He was counting on the fact that even if caught he'd only pay a $50 fine - if it had been any dog that wasn't providing an income. Losing $10,000 and his truck was hopefully a powerful enough message not to ever do it again. People like this are psychotic violent criminals. The next step up for them is to kill people. It's been proven that serial killers start out killing animals before they progress on to killing people. It builds up their confidence that they can do something horrific and not get caught and if caught, pay a small fine, and learn better how to get away with it.

I'm glad he got a hard lesson. I wish it had amounted to jail time. His claim of saying it was a coyote got him out of the mandatory jail time which can only be given for cruelty to animals. He introduced the concept of "reasonable doubt" though I find that doubt quite reasonable. So he was given the fine which would've wound up for jail if he hadn't had a new truck to sell. I still say he knew what he was killing and just the fact that he did it on our front lawn is proof enough of that. You don't shoot near peoples' houses!

This issue pops up more frequently now around here. Dog owners are at odds with farmers over the low fine for killing pets. Farmers say they need protection from serious expense if they kill a dog that's damaging their livestock. Well, I think if you find the dog on your farm and there are bite marks on your cows then sure, shooting the dog can't be argued. Neither can shooting a dog found running deer, however that has been used as an excuse as well. You have to save your farm - that's justified. That's a different thing though from shooting somebody's pet that was just enjoying the sun on their owner's lawn. Unfortunately, the law is pretty vague and there's been growing calls for it to be refined.

Darnit...

If someone killed my Maltese on purpose, I don't know what I would do. Maybe go nuts and stab that guy back. :evil:

Your financée must be a really upright person, with iron nerves

Thanks for the kind words. I'm Italian, Staurofilakes, I can have quite a temper if I allow myself to. That's one of the things though that Charge and I understand quite well about each other. His Scottish temper is very familiar to me. In understanding we are closer. I think many couples run into difficulties when their temperments are too different. So my temper was in full flame at the time. It was overwhelmed by something else Italians understand quite well - vengeance. I wanted that guy to PAY for what he did! I still think he got off lightly. He had a smart lawyer though to bring up that coyote defense. It was just enough to escape the animal cruelty charge. The judge did what he could though in enforcing the maximum fine.

Molly Pitcher said:
Your financée must be a really upright person, with iron nerves

Thanks for the kind words. I'm Italian, Staurofilakes, I can have quite a temper if I allow myself to. That's one of the things though that Charge and I understand quite well about each other. His Scottish temper is very familiar to me. In understanding we are closer. I think many couples run into difficulties when their temperments are too different. So my temper was in full flame at the time. It was overwhelmed by something else Italians understand quite well - vengeance. I wanted that guy to PAY for what he did! I still think he got off lightly. He had a smart lawyer though to bring up that coyote defense. It was just enough to escape the animal cruelty charge. The judge did what he could though in enforcing the maximum fine.

You are welcome! I can imagine that you had to do a great auto-control effort not to beat up that :cen: . As Charge said, that guy is a phsyco, he should be under control. I know a lot about temperments as well, but my problem is that my girlfriend(swedish) and me(spanish) are two really stuborn persons! hehehe ;)

I flipped when Charge told us this history. I can imagine what you went through. It is hard to see your dog sick or with pain...I do not know what i would have done in your situation, but the most intelligent thing is the way you drove it.

You can be sure of something, this guy has no future....hopefully he will end his days in jail, this kind of people do not stop comitting crimes. I understand what you mean with vendetta, this guy deserves a really big punishment. 10.000 dollars is not enough!!!

Back