Pics of your dog - Page 4

--
Boots

April 12th, 2005  
Zyca

I wish my dog would socialize with other dogs, but it's my fault. When I got her she was about 12 weeks old, I spent a lot time getting her friendly with the then 3 months old kitten. Next I found out the kitten has hernia so I spent a lot of time caring for him, and delayed the activities the dog book recommended me doing. She is really sweet with people but she's not used to seeing animals. Hopefully I can make up for the mistake and get her to socialize with other dogs by going to the park frequently now. She has already shown signs of improvement, she stopped barking although she's still intimidated by the larger dogs.

Charge, your dog is awesome. I'd be very proud too if I have a dog like Odin. My fiance' and I have our hands full with our pets, so we won't be getting more; as much as I love my dog now, I'd hoped that she's a bigger dog and also that I had spent more time training her. It might give my fiance' a better sense of security when I am away on trips too.

Lol, staurofilakes, I like the pic where gina sits in dusty's bed. Looks very cute!
April 12th, 2005  
CavScout

Here's mine nothing special but they serve their purpose....

Just kidding, these aren't mine but I couldn't resist....
April 12th, 2005  
Corocotta

Quote:
Originally Posted by CavScout

--
Boots
April 12th, 2005  
Charge 7

Stauro, "dogs" is a euphemism in this part of the world and probably elsewhere for your feet.

Nice pic indeed of Gina in Dusty's bed. I had a good laugh at that one.

No room for such a tiny dog as Dusty? That's a shame. I hope you can find a larger place so he can be with you now that he's in his final years. I've seen all my dogs go though I nearly missed one. When my second German Shepard was dying my father wrote to tell me and asked if he should put her down for me I went to my CO in Germany and asked for emergency leave as I was still in the regulars at the time. When asked why I stated that a "relative" was dying. When questioned further I admitted it was my dog. I expected to get a serious lashing but the captain was a dog lover too and my request was granted. I made it just in time to say goodbye.

Zyca, it's never too late to train your dog so don't worry about starting late. That old expression that "you can't teach an old dog new tricks" is just that, an expression. It isn't true. Large dogs are my preference, but little dogs are great too. It's great for him you've given him a home and I'm sure you're getting plenty of benefits from his company.
April 12th, 2005  
CavScout

Quote:
Originally Posted by staurofilakes
Quote:
Originally Posted by CavScout

When I was in the Army you referred to your feet as your "Dogs", so after a particularly hard day you would wanna kick back in a chair with a cold beer and rest your dogs (feet).... get it?
April 13th, 2005  
Corocotta

Quote:
No room for such a tiny dog as Dusty? That's a shame. I hope you can find a larger place so he can be with you now that he's in his final years. I've seen all my dogs go though I nearly missed one. When my second German Shepard was dying my father wrote to tell me and asked if he should put her down for me I went to my CO in Germany and asked for emergency leave as I was still in the regulars at the time. When asked why I stated that a "relative" was dying. When questioned further I admitted it was my dog. I expected to get a serious lashing but the captain was a dog lover too and my request was granted. I made it just in time to say goodbye
Yes, it is a shame..but I see him each couple of months or so. What a nice Captain you had! I understand when you say relatives, I consider them as members of the family. Dogs are incredible, each morning they salute you like if he hadnt seen you for years, they are always in a good mood, they give so much (even their own live as you have told us!! amazing!!) and ask for so little in exchange for, not like most humans...

Quote:
When I was in the Army you referred to your feet as your "Dogs", so after a particularly hard day you would wanna kick back in a chair with a cold beer and rest your dogs (feet).... get it?
Okey, now i get it...English is not my mother tongue language, so sometimes it is hard to understand jokes, double meanings,euphemism...
April 28th, 2005  
Charge 7

Here's a pic of our new "baby".

Freya just arrived from Germany and she will be our new breeding female when she's old enough a couple years from now.

April 28th, 2005  
Corocotta

She is BEATIFUL!!! She looks really intelligent!!

How many German Shepards do you have Charge?
April 28th, 2005  
Charge 7

Just two. We lost our last female to a "hunter's" gun last year. I use quotation marks because no real hunter would've done what that guy did.

Brunhilde was shot on our front lawn - less than 75 feet from our house. He tried to claim he thought she was a coyote (there are eastern coyotes here) but she was three times bigger and the wrong color, plus he shot her on our lawn. The judge didn't buy it. He broke two laws - shooting someone's dog and shooting too close to a residence. He had his hunting licence revoked and since we earned money from Brunhilde breeding pups, we got the max award financially which is $10,000.

Most folks can unfortunately only get $50 if someone kills their dog and he was no doubt counting on that. However, the law here provides for more if you get an income from the dog. He had to sell his truck to pay for it. A hard loss for him no doubt, but we lost our girl and a beloved member of the family. He goes around town now telling about how he's the "victim" of a "screwed up law". I always set the record straight about what he did when asked. The only thing "screwed up" is that the law only covers those who get an income from their dogs. All dogs should be so valued.
April 28th, 2005  
Corocotta

I am really sorry, I can imagine what you went through... That guy must be really stupid, hope that he got his gun licence removed!
Probably next time he uses his gun he will check before shoting. I consider my dogs as members of my family, If i would have been in your situation i would have had problems to control my self!! you must be a really equilibrated person ( i do not know if this expression is correct, hope ypu understand what i mean..)