Pic and rank?

GUNNER

When can i get a pic and a rank? my info looks a little blah compared to the rest of you guys.

Gunner

When you post, you are awarded "Milbuck," basically e-money you can use to purchase effects like an Avatar or signature. Once you've posted enough, and collected enough of these Milbucks, visit the forum PX, located in the header, left side under "Forum Features."

So get to posting, Canuck!

You know the guys I always admired. The ones who wore the bare essentials on a uniform. Name, rank, US Army, unit patch but left the scare badges at home. Scare badges on BDU's looks great but people were always staring at them and it became an inhibitor for some people.
I went to a close friends retirement from the Navy when I was a CSM. He was a MCPO, a stud of large repute and an all around good guy. He had 3 Admirals at his retirement. When he got up and spoke, he honored me with an acknowledgement which said...."and from a sister force, CSM blah, blah, who comes from the service that covers every inch of their uniforms with badges, ribbons, and crap the Navy doesnt use"....I had to laugh because it was true. :lol:

Abell said:
You know the guys I always admired. The ones who wore the bare essentials on a uniform. Name, rank, US Army, unit patch but left the scare badges at home. Scare badges on BDU's looks great but people were always staring at them and it became an inhibitor for some people.
I went to a close friends retirement from the Navy when I was a CSM. He was a MCPO, a stud of large repute and an all around good guy. He had 3 Admirals at his retirement. When he got up and spoke, he honored me with an acknowledgement which said...."and from a sister force, CSM blah, blah, who comes from the service that covers every inch of their uniforms with badges, ribbons, and crap the Navy doesnt use"....I had to laugh because it was true. :lol:

Let's not even mention the cost of getting all of that crap sew on. Sterile was always the way to go.

I get a kick out of the questions from my kids about mine: "What was this one for? What was that one for?"

I've heard a good story once about this subject.

It was a Norwegian officer who was in the States on some kind of unit exchange (?).
The Officer had lots of ribbons covering his uniform, and he really liked to brag about them..

One day he was talking to a Sergeant Major (who had only two ribbons), and the officer was telling about the 30km march merit ribbon, sharpshooter ribbon, Nijmegen March etc.. (he had no "special" ribbons, just the ones you get for being in the Army long enough....).
And when he finally was done he asked the Sergeant what his ribbons where.
And the reply was: "This is Korea, and this is Nam'..."

The officer didn't say a single word about his ribbons again..
:lol: :lol:

:) I've only got 2 ribbons myself, Peacekeeping and Bosnia and i only want one more (12 years service medal) and thats fine with me.

GUNNER

Hi, yes i'm a gunner (field arty) my real rank is Bombadier, i have about 4 years before i get my CD.

GUNNER

I've got a bunch but they are worthless NJROTC wannabe Navy ribbons. :D
I think ribbons on BDUs and work uniforms are just stupid. It seems like they would just get in the way.

My Grandma (84 jears old, I believe) is getting a ribbon in a couple of weeks for hiding a jewish girl from the Germans in WW II. She doesn't want it! She ensists that lots of people did the same or more, so she doesn't really deserve the thing. Gotta love the woman for that! :D

well

Give your grandma a salute from me. Not many people did this, and even if they did, they would all deserve much more then a ribbon.

Back