Physical Requirements

Aguy201

You Army guys, what physical requirements do you need to pass in basic training.

Pushups:
Situps:
ect.:
ect.:

What country are you wondering about??
Any country?? :)

Norwegian Army:
Minimum requirements for the

Basic Training:
push-ups: 16
pull-ups: 4
sit-ups: 20
3000m run: 15:30min

There are also different (harder) physical requirements based on what unit you belong to. (recon, rangers etc...)

Sergeant school
Push-ups: 16 (45)
Pull-ups: 4 (14)
Sit-Ups: 20 (70)
3000m run: 13:30 min (9:30)
And you have to be able to swim 200m
(xx) = best score

Officers school:
Push-ups: 20 (48 )
Pull-ups: 5 (15)
Sit-ups: 25 (75)
3000m run: 13 min (9:30min)
Be able to swim 200m

These are the absolute minumum requirements for the Sergeant and Officer Schools.
(xx) = best score

But keep in mind that these are not your average push-ups and sit-ups you do at home, there are strickt rules to how you perform them...

US Army. And i plan on being in the Airborne. And possibly Rangers some day. But thanks for that Norweigan (is that how you spell it?) Infromation, My father works for a Norwiegan Company, DNV (Det Norskie Veritas) heard of it Redleg?

Aguy201 said:
US Army. And i plan on being in the Airborne. And possibly Rangers some day. But thanks for that Norweigan (is that how you spell it?) Infromation, My father works for a Norwiegan Company, DNV (Det Norskie Veritas) heard of it Redleg?

It's spelt Norwegian.. :)

Yes, I've heard about Veritas.
Does he work in the US or over here?

You should try to look through (search) some of the old posts in here, I think your question has already been answered...

For females my age (24)

17 pushups
2 mi in 19 min
50 situps.

I think for males it's like

50 pushups
2 mi in 15 min
80 situps
but don't quote me on that.

I got my hands on a really cool Excel spreadsheet in which you enter your Gender, how many pushups you did, what time you ran the 2 mi, and how many situps and it tells you your score and if you PASSED or FAILED.

If you want it, e-mail me at catyrg@yahoo.com

Back