Physical Fitness After you Leave the Military

StevenPreece

Guys,
I've been out of the marines for 16 Years now, but still try and maintain a good level of physical fitness. I guess its always been a way of life for some of us.

This is my routine:

Monday: I Train in Ninjutsu (2 Hours)
Tuesday: I train in the gym (1 Hour) Start with Cardiovascular and then 3 sets of 15 to 20 reps on all body parts.
Wednesday: I play Table tennis in the town leagues (2 hours)
Thursday: I Train in the Gym (1 Hour) Start with Cardiovascular and then 3 sets of 15 to 20 reps on all body parts.
Friday: Two bottles of Wine & a Curry - All night.
Saturday: I train in the gym (1.5 Hours) Start with Cardiovascular and then 5 sets of 15 to 20 reps on all body parts.
Sunday: I Train in Ninjutsu (2 Hours)

My wife once said to me, "You spend too much time training and I said, "Do you want me to be a fat barsteward or a fit Barsteward and the answer was the latter. She sometimes does aerobics at the same place so she's happy.

I train in Ninjutsu because It helps relieve stress, gives me a sense of calmness and ensures I can continue to look after myself.
I've played Table Tennis since I was a kid and once played against the Welsh International Team. When I joined the corps, they didn't have a team and used to put me in against the navy's number one. It was a woman and to be honest she was no match for me. The funny thing was, when I started boxing, the footwork was very similar and may have been a contributing factor to my being fairly good at it.

I train in the gym because I always have, both during and since I left the corps. And also because I like to keep myself in good shape. We know the old cliché, when you're fit you feel better, you think better and you look better.

Experiences in this field

In martial arts I've trained with some plants over the years who have no streetwise experience. They think they'll be invincible on the street but can't get their heads around my reality world when I tell them it just means that they've got a better chance.

In the Gym: I see people posing instead of training and am deeply shocked with the way some of them train. Not only are some of their methods silly, but if they're not careful they'll cause themselves a serious back injury. May be its the instructors' fault because they don't supervise them properly.

So what do you guys do?

Regards

Steve

Sleep all day, :sleep:

wake up to eat luch, two plates of endless food.Drink. :spam:

Afternoon nap, then wake up :coffee:

a bunch of push ups,:pirate:

eat dinner till I feel drowzy, :rockin: :rockin:

pc all nite, :type:

eat snacks, :bravo:

push ups, :box:

sleep :sleep:

:rock:

LOL @ the McD's comment..

Monday: Try not to touch chocolate. Cardio for 30-60 minutes. May be interchangeable with swimming.
Tuesday: Same, but also do some light weight training.
Wednesday: Same as Monday.
Thursday: Hello, Idol is on and they get rid of people!
Friday: Same as Tuesday.
Saturday: Same as Monday
Sunday: LEAVE ME ALONE!
alarm.gif

blondeyay.gif

Wouldn't it be boring if were were all the same. My current fitness programme isn't half as much I did when I was a Royal Marine. However, I did mention my wine and curry night. LOL.

I can still drink like a fish when I want to and still produce the goods in the gym. I guess old habitys die hard.

As a Marine the saying was: Train Hard Fight Easy.

As an ex marine the saying is: Train hard, feel better, think better and
look better. Its probably a myth though becasue I'm not shy when it comes to drinking beer.

Burp.

Regards

Steven Preece
Ex Marine, Boxer, Blackbelt Ninja, Author and serious beer drinker

hah, dude supermans here 8)

but author of what if u dont mind? I mean ofcourse books heh, but what books and about what?

I'm the author of (Amongst The Marines) and (Always A Marine.) They're on Amazon.com, but I can't post the URL because the moderator doesn't like it.

Check the below thread. I was informed about this thread and decided to join the forum myself to discuss my books rather than watching people post stuff about them

http://www.military-quotes.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4878

Regards

Steven Preece
Author of Amongst The Marines and Always A Marine

Last edited:
StevenPreece said:
They're on Amazon.com, but I can't post the URL because the moderator doesn't like it.
You're allowed to put it in your signature if you want that..
And even better, you can post a link to the thread about your book, and encourage discussions about it there. :)

hmm mine would be sleep go to school eat lunch sleep in class go to practice go home get on computer get on xbox work out some of the time between that and thats all week besides sat-sun them i work out how ever many how ever long till im tired run play video games get online watch tv and eat

Back