photos taken from NK

it is said that Kim's second son will become his successor. It seems Kim's family will control this country forever. kim is a sucker.

Looks kind of eerie to see large buildings with few civilians around... Somehow it reminded me of that recent movie Silent Hill. Thanks for the post jz. It's not everyday you get a sneak peek into the elusive land of North Korea.

Those buildings are hardly useful for Civilian.
Because most building are hollows or pillbox.
If you were Aristocrat of NK or Tourist,
You can buy Japanese&Chinese&SK,s products hard currency at the north.($, Yen,Yuán,are OK)

Last edited:
It looks so quiet, i thought this was NK's largest city. Maybe that's why north koreans like their country, it's quiet and not noisy like the south. But then again the north has a lot of problems, too numerous to list i think. At least the south has transperancy and freedom of movement.

WM, you really need to come live in Asia for a year and get your feet wet and see what its really like here. Its relatively easy to visit NK from China, even for Americans. But even foregoing the field trip you can meet some of the thousands of North Koreans living illegally in the NE of China that have risked everything to escape that hell hole. "Love their country"... ha!

I meant the ones who are captured as enemy spies, i supposed i should have mentioned that. These spies from NK love their country and would like to return to it even when they're released from prison in the countries they are caught in, like south korea. The current exodus is because of the famine and i guess if that wasn't happening the people there would have little motiviation to leave their country. China keeps sending back refugees and the south is a a no-go. What's a korean to do?

Curious abotu one of the pics

I am curious about this picture.

It has English (note the American spelling on Centre) I thought the loathed Americans and taught all kinds of propoganda etc in the schools. Why would they have a sign in English? not exactly a place where western people are likey to be able to go is it? :confused:
2006_6_13_12227_2412227.jpg

A very astute observation Wingnut... very curious indeed. Makes me think this is not a picture of North Korea.

bulldogg said:
A very astute observation Wingnut... very curious indeed. Makes me think this is not a picture of North Korea.

Yeah, too much glass and color on the buildings. Unless it's a facade propped up with poles from behind.

If that's a NK pic then maybe it's trying to show off to westerners that they have computers and aren't backwards or something. English is sort of a lingua franca in the east, maybe they're trying to appeal to non american asians who can't speak korean but enlish. Like hong kong or something. Just my guess.

Hmm.. The Chinese in the top right hand corner of that photo says
"goes to noth Korea and these are some shots from different cities... :s

Back