--
Boots

May 10th, 2004  
Darkmb101

or the valley girl accents, "Like, o my god!"

i just couldnt help myself
May 11th, 2004  
Marksman

We use same phonetics here for map coordinating.
May 11th, 2004  
Italian Guy

Well I said that because the only accent I can esaily recognize fron the EC is NY, or PA, MD, places around there.
Most of my american friends are from CA or others from Western Canada and that accent sounds more familiar to me. I know a southern accent would be real different, but I'm not used to it.
New england accent sounds to me closer to England, in a way.
--
Boots
May 11th, 2004  
DTop

Just kidding with you Italianguy. For all I know there are many different Italian accents. I remember growing up with guys who's families came from Sicily. They always preferred to be called Siciliano rather than Italiano. I never quite knew the reasons but then again, I knew enough not to ask many questions My mother-in-law's family is from Gaeta and she always made that sort of distinction.
BTW, I once was told by a Brazilian friend that someone with a west coast accent sounded like a cat to someone who didn't understand the language! These days I think the accents are becoming less and less distinctive but, what do I know?

Oh yeah the alphabet...

New England: alpher,bravo, chahlie...
May 11th, 2004  
Marksman

I like italian accsent of english"Don Salliery sends you regards "it is so original
May 12th, 2004  
Italian Guy

Well yep we actually have so many different accents and it's my hobby to tell one from another. My Californian friend calls me accent-detector for this.
I'm a real professionist-

BTW Gaeta is a station for US military as well, uh? Not far from Naples and the fleet.
May 15th, 2004  
Nero

to add to the pronunciation, I've always heard L pronounced as Lee-ma.
May 15th, 2004  
FutureRANGER

As in Peru. Not bean.
May 17th, 2004  
Italian Guy

What do you guys mean ..Lee-ma ?
May 17th, 2004  

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureRANGER
From memory...

Alpha
Bravo
Charlie
(...)
Okay, now do Morse!

Serious now; this is the same alphabet used for air traffic control on every airport in the world.
Only the pronunciation varies a bit depending on the country the pilot or air traffic controler comes from.