Phone hacking scandal now extends to dead soldiers families

perseus

There is now substantial evidence that that unscrupolous reporters have hacked phones for information. At first it was thought this was limited to celebrities, but then it was discovered that texts sent to a murdered 13yo girls cellphone by her parents were removed causing the parents to think she was still alive.

Now it appears the messages from the parents of dead servicemen have also been hacked. Heads will roll, let's hope it is that man Rupert Murdoch who owns the guilty newspaper along with his previous appointees

Dead soldiers' families 'hacked'

Relatives of dead UK soldiers may have had their phones hacked by a News of the World investigator, the Daily Telegraph reports

Also help to end his takover of the worls media

http://www.avaaz.org/en/murdoch_messages_2/?copy

Last edited:
It has just been reported that the highest Sunday selling newspaper in the the UK is to close due to these revelations.

Sunday's issue of the News of the World will be the last edition of the paper, News International chairman James Murdoch has said

So are they going to hold the papers editorial staff responsible or is it all on Murdochs head, even though he doesnt oversee the day to day runing of that paper????

It is rumored that the closing of the newspaper is a tactic by Murdoch so the regulator will allow him control of the much larger British Sky broadcasting which has been under review for some time. The Paper itself can be replaced by a version of the Sun daily newspaper which he owns.

Previous editors Andy Coulson has been arrested and bailed yesterday, but Rebekah Brooks now CEO of News International the parent group seems to have got off scott free up to now. It is all very embarrassing for our present government, since the Prime minister hired Coulson as chief of communications of the Conservative party in 2007 and was very chummy with Brooks.

Seems Murdoch has flown over here in a panic to try to sort things out. Peraphs they should take this opportunity to arrest him?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14090123

Last edited:
Interesting, according to the news here the Scotland Yard discovered that News of the World staff erased about half a terrabyte of e-mails from their archives.
Hiding away potential evidence it apears...

Seems quite rotten even to a naive Norwegian I'd say.

Seems inevitable really, unless the police raided the place and took their computers. Perhaps this was needed to determine the extent of the corruption.

When Coulson was hired by the PM he had not been charged with any thing. He resigned as the hacking had happened while he was the editor and he took the blame as the man in charge. Would such action then bar this man from holding any other office. Now most of the senior members of the labour party also attended the Brooks wedding, lets face it all the political parties were all courting Rupert Murdoch for the their campaign and nearly all of this happened while the Labour party were in power. They also laid down so many conditions on the early investigations that they could not find out much any way

I'm afraid the Prime minister is deep into this, as Coulson was director of communications for the Government and the Conservative party, this is not the same as attending a wedding.

Cameron was warned from multiple sources not to hire him, due to evidence of phone tapping and other activities.

Cameron ignored the warnings, he must now take the blame and apologise for his gross misjudgement.

The former Liberal Democrat leader Lord Ashdown contacted David Cameron's office days after the last general election to warn him of the "terrible damage" which would be done if he employed Andy Coulson in Downing Street.

Lord Ashdown is third person to come forward to say that he had warned Mr Cameron's officials about information which could undermine Mr Coulson's assertions that he knew nothing about the illegal practices going on at the paper
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...rned-no-10-about-terrible-damage-2311633.html
As the Conservative Party's director of communications, Coulson continued to be subjected to allegations that he was aware of the hacking of phones while serving as the editor of News of the World. On 7 July 2009, John Prescott called on leader of the Conservative Party David Cameron to remove Coulson from his position, after The Guardian revealed further details about phone-hacking by the News of the World.[16] Cameron, though, defended Coulson on the morning of 9 July: "I believe in giving people a second chance. As director of communications for the Conservatives he does an excellent job in a proper, upright way at all times."[17]
On 1 September 2010 The New York Times printed new allegations from former News of the World reporters alleging that Coulson had "actively encouraged" reporters to illegally intercept voicemail messages, and that he "was present during discussions about phone hacking".[18] Coulson has denied these latest claims.[19] Sean Hoare, speaking on Five Live, who accused Coulson of lying, has said that indeed Coulson did not ask him to phone hack but veiled his request in 'metaphorical language' and asked him to practice his 'dark arts.'[20]
A report aired on Channel 4's Dispatches in October included remarks made by an unnamed source, said to have been a former senior journalist at the News of the World who worked alongside Coulson. The source alleged that Coulson had personally listened to messages obtained through phone hacking.[21][22]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Coulson

Last edited:
If the Police did not charge him at time does this make him guilty for ever more, I always thought you were Innocent until proved guilty. Now if the Police can now prove him guilty then so be it, but there are lot of other people out there who have been involved in all of this and are still close to a number of well known politicians.

Unfortunately the Police themselves appear under suspicion! Seems like a merry go round, it wasn't long ago the Police were investigating MPs!
MPs set to quiz police on hacking

Two current and two former Metropolitan Police officers will be questioned by MPs in public later about inquiries into phone-hacking at the News of the World

It appears this scandal should have been fully unearthed before the election but somehow the Tory party and their friends at News International managed to cover it up until now.

Difficult questions for News International

The big question is why News International didn't hand over the e-mails about alleged payments to police for royal family contact details until 20 June of this year (see my earlier post for details on these alleged payments).
Some News International and News of the World executives were in possession of the e-mails in the spring of 2007

Last edited:
Note that the politicians - so recently exposed by the press - are ignoring the police corruption and going after increased legislation to suppress the free press with gusto. All these offences are covered by The Editor's Code, and offended against it, so that no new legislation is required to take action against the perpetrators.

Always remember that when it comes to confrontation between the state and the free press, alarm bells should ring.

Deal with the perpetrators without fail, but preserve the free press from the encircling predators. Don't allow them to lead our electorate by the nose .:horsie:

Slowly but surely the phone-hacking scandal is crossing the Atlantic - as members of Congress demand action on two fronts.

First, there's a call for the FBI to investigate whether journalists broke wiretap laws by targeting the phones of Americans.

It follows a report that the News of the World approached a New York police officer and attempted to buy the phone records of people who died on 9/11.
One congressman from New York said British reporters appeared to have engaged in "parasitic" behaviour

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-14148658

Everyone seems to be resigning or being arrested, but the chief thinks he can get away with an apology. However, once the Fed get their teeth into Rupert there will be no letting go.

What's going on here....top brass of Scotland Yard resigning, and arrested reporters whispering about revalations to come....all the while Murdoch himself is called in for a hearing...

Anyway, good thing that the chances of corrupting Sky into a UK based Fox-news derivate seems to be smoldering away.
Bad enough that the US population is feed with propaganda, we don't need it here.

Hang the f***er. I'm appalled at the double standard here. So when Wikileaks spreads information it's unacceptable and treasonous and when Rupert Murdoch's people do it and are charged with it it's an obstruction of free press? What are you guys high? These guys are obviously beyond dirty.
Rupert Murdoch is to News what a Snake Oil Salesman is to Medicine.

The difference is that Wikileaks leaked military sensitive information, no-one gives a F*** about individuals rights to privacy.

hi,do you know me?I think you must have never know me,I am new here,you will be familiar with me in the future,please remmember me,I am dmjy510,a special name and it is easy to keep it in mind.
RS GoldTera ItemsBuy Tera Gold

Last edited:
Back