The Philippine Marine Corps

Believe me larsrq they are sharp, dedicated and very very tough. read on through the site and find out for yourself! :D

The Philippine military has been in constant combat since it won its independence from Spain, thru the Phil-American war, the Japanese occupation, the Huk rebellion, the Muslim seccesionist movements, the Communist rebellion, terrorism, Military putsch, even common criminality!

Some may think that our Military is inept, corrupt, or outmoded because they still have not stamped out these problems, but it takes more that military might, skills, modern equipment to win as the Americans have found out in Vietnam and lately in Afghanistan and Iraq, you have to address the root cause of these problems which in our case is more of an economic one. we have to win the hearts and minds of those who take up arms against the government by delivering the basic services they are entitled to, to educate their young, by providing them with equal opportunities...

I know that. Marines is always the once that takes the heat. In Mindanao it's the marines that go first when fighting MILF and Abu Sayaf. Army is playing backup.

I do hope that they succed...

Big_Z said:
So you guys think they are better then the Scout Rangers?

That depends.... all AFP branches have their own special forces, i.e. the Army has the special forces, the scout rangers, airborne, and lately the light reaction co's., the navy has the marines and the special warfare group (SWAG) even the air force has it's own special branch, then there are the composite special forces made up of the different special forces teams! whew!

For me, it would be best if the AFP got together all these special teams and start cross-training them and come up with one doctrine and manual wherein all their specialties and strenghts would be incorporated into that training manual, and come up with a kind of "super commando" unit that could fight anywhere, anytime. but first things first, the military must overcome the "we're better than you" attitude and accept the fact they can and will learn new things from each other as demonstrated by the BALIKATAN exercises between the Philippines and the USA.

going back to who i think is better.... it's technically a draw! although the Marines i think has more combat experience.

Having worked with the Filipino Marines my opinion is this.

"Tougher than Woodpecker lips"

03USMC said:
Having worked with the Filipino Marines my opinion is this.

"Tougher than Woodpecker lips"

Woodpecker lips? wow! that is tough! can you elaborate on that? not that i doubt it, but what made you say that? and since we're on this subject, i'd like to ask you this personally, Man for man, and with just the basic weapons, e.g. Rifle, sidearm, bayonet, machete, hand grenades, no high-tech gadget of any kind, how would the Filipino Marine compare with the American Marine?

Let's make that scenario take place in the jungles. :D

Jungle scenerio. I would say that the Filipino Marines have an advantage. After all that is where most of their operations are conducted. As far as the match up Marine vs Marine I'd say it's pretty even as far esprit de corps etc. It's not a fight you want to be in.
I say their tough cuz they are. They can hump patrol etc. like nobodies business.

03USMC said:
Jungle scenerio. I would say that the Filipino Marines have an advantage. After all that is where most of their operations are conducted. As far as the match up Marine vs Marine I'd say it's pretty even as far esprit de corps etc. It's not a fight you want to be in.
I say their tough cuz they are. They can hump patrol etc. like nobodies business.

Hmmm.... i admire your candidness 03USMC, but i dont think you have to worry about our Marines! Filipinos are pro-Americans mainly because we share the same ideas about freedom, the value of life and liberty.

we have both shed blood in Bataan, Corregidor, Korea and Vietnam in defense of those beliefs.

Doesn't it feel good to have them on your side? :)

Wasnt there overseas mission in Iraq.

Read the magazine Combatt. An English Mag and they pure toke the piss out of them which wasnt fair. Havent read it since now!

dougal said:

Read the magazine Combatt. An English Mag and they pure toke the piss out of them which wasnt fair. Havent read it since now!

There was a token Philippine contingent sent to Iraq but was withdrawn a full month ahead of schedule because of the hostage taking of a Filipino truck driver who was threatened with beheading, most of us here were outraged at that decision by our goverment and shocked that a sovereign country like ours would succumb to pressure from terrorist, as a result we were ridiculed , berated, belittled, scorned, humiliated, accused of cowardice, the troops took it all in stride and bore their anger in silence, anger at the goverment for the shame it has caused the troops, in a country where the latin culture of 'Machismo" prevails it was a blow that was akin to being called "IMPOTENT"

btw, most of those troops were Army guys with a sprinkling of Marines and Police personnel

dougal said:

Dougal, i love your signature man! did you make that up yourself or was it a quote?

Dougal, i love your signature man! did you make that up yourself or was it a quote?

No but its taken from one of our Countrys Heros who fought for our freedom against the Brits.

They called him the 'Big Fella'. Cant say who because theres a guees on in Help who said that.

Its an unreal quote.

Brotchador said:
03USMC said:

Hmmm.... i admire your candidness 03USMC, but i dont think you have to worry about our Marines! Filipinos are pro-Americans mainly because we share the same ideas about freedom, the value of life and liberty.

we have both shed blood in Bataan, Corregidor, Korea and Vietnam in defense of those beliefs.

Yes it does. :rock:

Yes it does feel good to have them on my side. And I consider them one of the staunchest Allies of the U.S. :D

Doesn't it feel good to have them on your side? :)

When i was in Okinawa Japan(99-00), there was an Operation called "Gold :?: something" and it was to rebuild a base in the PI. Does anybody know what that was about??

Back