Pharmacist refuses to fill precription

I agree IF "the pharmacist" is an employee. Totally disagree if you think the Govt can force a business owner to sell ANY THING. The market/supermarket will usually try to supply the customers needs, but once again if the owner chooses not to sell a product or open his business on any particular day, it's his business, not anyone elses. Another example of Govt overreach.
It's a medicinal drug with a prescription from a doctor. It's not a choice, it's the reality that someone NEEDS this medication. It's needed to save lives. What if business owners just started to decide they didn't want to sell HIV medication because they don't want to sell to gay/lesbian?

The bottom line of this entire topic is that the need for this medicine isn't a choice and it shouldn't be based on someone's personal opinions.

The majority of abortions (in my opinion) are a disgusting, harmful, life changing choice that a woman and her doctor make together. How is letting businesses or employees decide whether this woman dies of blood loss or not in any way helping society? Two dead is better than one dead? Also, what if this woman had an abortion from a rape or from forced incest? For ANY reason she should never have to reveal her reasons for such a personal and private decision - however wrong it might be in another person's eyes.

***Plus that is only IF this woman got an abortion. She very well could have had a miscarriage and if she did it's something heartbreaking and private she should never have to share with a total stranger in order to get medicine to save her life.***

I don't see much difference between refusing to fill a script and refusing to sell condoms. Hey, the Bible / Koran / Tora isn't too keen on sex without the product of a baby. Shouldn't a sales person be able to refuse to sell condoms if they can refuse to sell medicine? The condoms are certainly less life-threatening than the drugs.

Last edited:
I don't see much difference between refusing to fill a script and refusing to sell condoms. Hey, the Bible / Koran / Tora isn't too keen on sex without the product of a baby. Shouldn't a sales person be able to refuse to sell condoms if they can refuse to sell medicine? The condoms are certainly less life-threatening than the drugs.

Even with condoms, the question of life or death could come up with the spread of STD's like AIDS being prevented by thier use.

She should have up'd the ante when she had the chance. Get emotional and tearful and yell at the pharmicist "I had a f'ing miscarraige, ok? Do I have your blessed consent for that?!?!?!" and then repeat it to the manager when she's at the checkout, start crying, and ask the manager for their holy consent to have a miscarraige. Trust me, that pharmicist would get her butt fired so fast, for that, it's not funny.

If they want to play games, play them, but play them hard and push the limit.

She should have up'd the ante when she had the chance. Get emotional and tearful and yell at the pharmicist "I had a f'ing miscarraige, ok? Do I have your blessed consent for that?!?!?!" and then repeat it to the manager when she's at the checkout, start crying, and ask the manager for their holy consent to have a miscarraige. Trust me, that pharmicist would get her butt fired so fast, for that, it's not funny.

If they want to play games, play them, but play them hard and push the limit.

Hmmm

Excellent point! I would have loved to see their faces on that.

Trust me, that pharmicist would get her butt fired so fast, for that, it's not funny.

Actually, no, she wouldn't have. Not at Walgreens. She's a favorite so at most, she would've had to review the privacy and customer service policies again. That company is a bigger pile of s*** than any place I've ever worked. They lie to cover up pretty much everything, promote whoever is a better a**-kisser, and fire anyone who gets in the way of said a**-kissers. Unfair punishment and favoritism are a way of life at Walgreens. Four years, one month, and two days of my life that I can never get back wasted at that company......I would have been better off turning tricks to make a living.

Today, Planned Parenthood said the pharmacist broke federal patient privacy laws by requesting the information, and it may file a complaint with the appropriate federal agencies.
Well hopefully they do this at least. I hope the pharmacist gets fired in the long run and can't find a job anywhere and everyone figures out who she/he is and they break ties. People like that are just total trash.

Never thought I'd agree with Planned Parenthood.

Because it is a pill that is not directly related to abortions, only a possible reason for taking it, I don't think she had the right to ask about its use. That is a personal question that doesn't need to be asked in order to get the script.

She should of been put on probation for this incident. I think the law in itself is stupid. People need to get over trying to tell others what to do with their body, I mean cmon. No one is asking you to do it.

I believe that most of the worlds problems can be traced in some way to overpopulation. I also believe that at least 60% of the worlds people are stupid and 90% of the rest are apathetic, so it’s a numbers game, more abortions equal fewer problems for the world and fewer stupid and apathetic people.

I was told a long time ago that at least 60% of all people are stupid and 90% if the rest are apathetic. If you expect the worst (or stupidest) of men them you will be right more often then wrong.
As to abortion this procedure leaves me aghast - yet most , if not all, our current problems (living space, water, fuel, food, etc) would at least be greatly eased if we would control our own breeding, and truthfully it seems that the people doing the most breeding are the very people who shouldn't.

Last edited:
Back