Petrol Crisis in Iran - Pictures

phoenix80

Banned
Petrol Crisis

I am getting some first hand reports from inside of Iran about the situation resulted from fuel ration policy which will go into effect as of tonight midnight (local time) through out the country.

Angry people have blocked the main highway in Tehran and several serious clashes have occurred in gas stations across the capital. The amount of anger among the people is such that police forces have refused to intervene in some parts of the city where roads are blocked and people have shattered the buildings' windows. And some reports indicate that 50 petrol stations were set ablaze in Tehran alone and at least 3 people died in the clashes.

Regime's ISNA news agency has many photos: Pictures 1, Pictures 2, Pictures 3 , Pictures 4, Pictures 5 and Iran press news has some more .

For now, thousands of people are moving from the eastern part of Tehran towards downtown in what appears to be a crowd of angry people protesting the regime's policies.

This is the Achilles heal of the regime and the mullahs are digging their own graves.

Update 1: More Photos, Even More Pix

Update 2: Cars are being torched and set ablaze through out the city, especially western part of Tehran, and it seems the situation is out of control for regime.

Petrol

Check these photos

That's how rationing petrol is affecting the people's daily lives across Iran. Photos were taken in SE of the country near the Pakistan-Iranian border where local people are selling gasoline and other types of fuel to car owners for higher prices. This is a black market so to speak. Since the gas stations are extremely crowded and some clashes reported over petrol and ration cards, ordinary people just buy gas wherever they can and at any available price in order not to go through the frustrating hassle of ration cards and long lines in the stations. Interesting, isn't it?

i am confidant that regieme change in iran will come hard on the tail of an event such as this, from their own people, as the revolutionary generation gets replaced by the younger folk who know only the repression that goes on in iran.

I am getting some first hand reports from inside of Iran about the situation resulted from fuel ration policy which will go into effect as of tonight midnight (local time) through out the country.

Angry people have blocked the main highway in Tehran and several serious clashes have occurred in gas stations across the capital. The amount of anger among the people is such that police forces have refused to intervene in some parts of the city where roads are blocked and people have shattered the buildings' windows. And some reports indicate that 50 petrol stations were set ablaze in Tehran alone and at least 3 people died in the clashes.

Regime's ISNA news agency has many photos: Pictures 1, Pictures 2, Pictures 3 , Pictures 4, Pictures 5 and Iran press news has some more .

For now, thousands of people are moving from the eastern part of Tehran towards downtown in what appears to be a crowd of angry people protesting the regime's policies.

I read somewhere how the people where like we are surrounded by oil why do we need gas rationing????

I guess they don't grasp that you need to refine the oil to make gas....Iran relies on 40% gasoline imports....DOH!

Funny how the middle east may have most the oil but the west supplies most the tech to make that oil usable...

A rather rare instance that the Mullahs and the west agree on something.

A shortage of oil refineries.

I read somewhere how the people where like we are surrounded by oil why do we need gas rationing????

I guess they don't grasp that you need to refine the oil to make gas....Iran relies on 40% gasoline imports....DOH!

Funny how the middle east may have most the oil but the west supplies most the tech to make that oil usable...

The Government subsidies the gas prices in Iran, so it is ridiculously cheap(I have heard - 38 cents/liter!), so it loses money on it.
Then it has to invest into oil refineries...

by some reason, it had lower priority than investments into the nuclear weapons research, support for terrorism and other very important things,,,

The Government subsidies the gas prices in Iran, so it is ridiculously cheap(I have heard - 38 cents/liter!), so it loses money on it.
Then it has to invest into oil refineries...

by some reason, it had lower priority than investments into the nuclear weapons research, support for terrorism and other very important things,,,

exactly. Instead of building some oil refineries, they insist on having nuclear power plants and one wonders why.

exactly. Instead of building some oil refineries, they insist on having nuclear power plants and one wonders why.

Letting Iran have Nuclear power is no threat, and its a better option for the environment than burning oil. Cold water reactors for power cannot be used in nuclear weapons, but Iran refuses to adopt the technology. That signals an obvious sign that it isn't really interested in a power source but a weapons program.

The problem is that doing nuclear enrichment for power is a very different process than doing military a military program, so far what the IAEA has found resembles a military program not civilian research.

A rather rare instance that the Mullahs and the west agree on something.

A shortage of oil refineries.

We've got one going up right here in South Dakota...

In ten years, since that's about how long it will take to hear, ignore, dismiss and ***** slap all the environmentalists who will say that building this refinery will create excess carbon (plant some f***ing trees you stupid twats, that's what I say to the environmentalists) and somehow the 1,700 jobs a new refinery could create would be bad for the development of the area.

Hugo Chavez is going to give Iran free gas to help. Of course, one communist help a terrorist. All of them are scumbags....

Hopefully the youth of Iran will overthrow the scum in their nation.

Back