Personnel Inspection...

CDTGaticaW201

Seeing the ID Check joke reminded me of my third month being a Sea Cadet. It wasn't too big of a deal, but pretty damn funny.

We had a personnel inspection in front of our racks and I had already developed the reputation of having an immaculate uniform and whatnot, and this weekend was no exception...except for the fact that I could not find my ID and so I stuck a Blockbuster card (same size/construction as our ID) in the front pocket of my Dungarees.

Our LPO/ALPO came down the line, picking up on the smallest gigs, and found none on me. BUT, I had a New Recruit next to me who they attempted to do a quick rundown of uniform basics like giglines, IP's.....and then ID's!

They say "you put your ID in your left breast pocket with your picture forward and rotated 90 degrees to your left, show him Gatica."

:gulp:

I pulled out my Blockbuster card and said "Petty Officer, I only have my Blockbuster card." and everyone broke out laughing. Neither of them did anything....since they forget theirs too.

:D

lol. I walked around with my moms dog tags for a while. I lost mine and i figured no MP will actually check if i have the right one on, just ask me to show him i have it on.

Back