Perfect MBT of today.

--

March 14th, 2009  
gotcha1234

Topic: Perfect MBT of today.

If you were supposed to talk to a government official about how would a perfect mbt of today look and which parts would it have,what would you say?

The tank would have to veigh over 40 and under 120 tonnes.
Also be detailed,tell me the names of each part(for instance smoothbore or not smoothbore(also the equipment,caliber of the main gun,how much engine power,hull...),and don't be afraid of writing too long.Money and construction time do not matter,only the efficiency,speed,firepower and everything else that makes a deathmachine of a tank.

I am not sure how would mine look alike so i am asking you and i hope you will make detailed posts.
March 15th, 2009  
-- Dusty

Why? No one outside the unit needs that info.
March 15th, 2009  
SHERMAN

Quote:
Why? No one outside the unit needs that info
I would hardly think OPSEC is bothered by imagenery tank designs...

As to the topic...Well, the perfect tank is impossible, because nothing can be made perfect. I think that today, considering the threats against tanks the following specifications would make a very good tank(some of this already exists, some dosent):

Protction:
*1000mm RHA against KE and 1400mm against CE at the maximum
*An active protection had-kill system
*An active protection soft-kill system
Firepower:
*A main gun capable of firing a APFSDS round with 1000mm RHA penetration at contact ranges(2000m).
*Abilety to launch ATGMs through the main gun. ATGMS should be fire and forget, not laser homing.
*A fully stabelized self-protection 7.62 weapon in a weapons station with TI.
*Close-range grenade launchers capable of firing WP,HE,decoy and smoke screening grenades.
*Mobilety:
*A 28hp/ton ratio.
*An emphesys on exelration and ride comfort
Other:
*A/C system to the overalls
--
March 15th, 2009  
FO Seaman

This sounds like a recook of all the "Best Modern MBT" threads.
March 16th, 2009  
-- Dusty

I still say OPSEC.
March 16th, 2009  
SHERMAN

how? we are not disucssiong an existing weapons system.
March 16th, 2009  
-- Dusty

Just my opinion. If I was a mod my opinion would count. Right now, just saying what I think.
March 16th, 2009  
SHERMAN

off-toppic: your opinion counts. I just want to understand in case im mising somthing...
March 16th, 2009  
A Can of Man

Yeah I don't see how talking about an imaginary tank would be in violation of OPSEC.
March 16th, 2009  
gotcha1234

Sorry,but what is opsec?