People need more diversity in their lifestyles!

JWIlls94

Banned
I have a friend who came from a rural area in America that told me that rural families don't have much in the way of technology. He told me that rural kids don't play video games. They've got outdoor chores to do, before they go fishing or hunting or skiing. I am not saying rural culture is bad. Activities like hunting and fishing are great fun and don't get me wrong I love week long camping trips but it is good to have more diversity in your activities. If you never played a video game or watched a movie then experience those things but do not let them dominate your life. Some games and movies have stories as good as books and some are great for eye and hand coordination. I am sure some fun electronic entertainment deserves some place in rural peoples lives. I am sure people in rural areas would get interested if they saw a video game for the very first time. We are witnessing the creation of two Americas. We need to fund modern infrastructure to integrate rural communities in the 21st century lifestyle.

I have a friend who came from a rural area in America that told me that rural families don't have much in the way of technology. He told me that rural kids don't play video games. They've got outdoor chores to do, before they go fishing or hunting or skiing. I am not saying rural culture is bad. Activities like hunting and fishing are great fun and don't get me wrong I love week long camping trips but it is good to have more diversity in your activities. If you never played a video game or watched a movie then experience those things but do not let them dominate your life. Some games and movies have stories as good as books and some are great for eye and hand coordination. I am sure some fun electronic entertainment deserves some place in rural peoples lives. I am sure people in rural areas would get interested if they saw a video game for the very first time. We are witnessing the creation of two Americas. We need to fund modern infrastructure to integrate rural communities in the 21st century lifestyle.

Were you dropped on your head as an infant?

It could be equally said that it is urban communities that need to change as urban living is for the most part incredibly unhealthy.

The difference is not so great in the US, much less than it was generations ago. True their is likely some more chores in the rural environment, but they both watch TV and play video games. Cable TV and Satellite TV is available in all rural areas. Nearly every kid pays video games in the US I don't care where he lives.

Last edited:

Is this bloke for real? I have never found anyone as miserable as him/her/it and thats saying something.:shoothea:

What on Earth have you been smoking? That kills your brain cells, y'know?

Where do you live, I' m curious? In a rural area?

I do!!
crazy.gif

What on Earth have you been smoking? That kills your brain cells, y'know?

See I have a totally different view of this person/bot, I am not sure which it is.

On one hand I assume it to be a person but because they never respond to their posts it could also be a bot.

But I digress, I like these posts just as I had no issues with Tetvet's posts because no matter how inane some of them may be they have managed to generate discussions which has given the boards a bit of life.

Well yeah. I don't really have any issue with tetvet as a person. But if you cross the line you cross the line, which he does on occasion.

Back