Pentagon states Osprey ready for 2006 fleet.

AikiRooster

Tube Monkey USMC
I read recently that the Osprey will be ready for the Fleet Marine Force in 2006 according to the Pentagon.
Seems that whenever that thing was used before it crashed and killed alot of marines.
Does anyone know more about the Osprey?
What do you think about the Osprey coming into more of a wider use by our active duty marines?
I also heard that each one of things are incredibly expensive as well.

if they have fixed all the problem (which i'm sure they have) the osprey has the [potential to be one of the most useful medium sized transports ever

There are two things I wouldn't leave groung on. One is the space shuttle (because I don't want to be found in pieces all over east texas) and the other is the Osprey.

I'm not too sure how high it can fly, but my wallpaper on my PC is Force recon Marines performing the first HALO jump from an Osprey.

I'm with Whispering Death.
I wouldn't want to be one of the first marines to be a part of the guinea pig crew for the Osprey.

I don't think you can do HALO out of an Osprey, I don't think it goes that high. But I guess I'll find out eh. But I like the Osprey...It's nice that Congress finally said yes to it.

I've done a few HALO jumps out of the Osprey - so yes, you can. Would I want to again? No. I don't trust the bird.

Fast roping out of it is no better.

Lives have already been lost attempting to cut corners and push this bird through. While some problems have been fixed, many have not - and continuing to ignore them for the sake of getting the Osprey in the fleet will only cost more lives.

Many of us have been jumping up and down in protest of pushing the production through - but unfortunately, many well above are adamant to get it out there.

The AF variant, the C .. is no better than ours, if not worse because of all of the needed additions to fly the CSAR/SAR mission.

Now that doesn't make me feel any better about. I would say RnderSafe has the final word on that one.

well, if they ironed all the bugs out, then it will add a great new capability to our military forces. if not, i hope they delay it or something and make it better. i just hope it doesnt take the lives of dozens of our soldiers, sailors, marines, and airmen to make them realize they need to improve it.

I'm with Sea Cadet and Whispering Death. im def. not gonna fly in an Osprey until someone else tries it out. same with the space shuttle.

Back