Pentagon Priorities

Charge 7

Master Gunner
I didn't actually witness this one. I only heard it second hand from a buddy who was there. He was at the Pentagon for some business to attend and had just squeezed into an already well loaded elevator when some captain came down the hall ahead of a procession of people and he was calling out "Make way for a three star general! Hold that elevator for a three star general!". Everybody on the elevator groaned thinking they were going to have to get out when from the back of the elevator came "To hell with that three star! Push that button!". It was a four star general.

ok in all actuality would ppl have really had to get off of the elevator because of that person having a higher rank? i know it is an issue of respect and all but do ppl really use their rank to do stuff like that?

I can't vouch for what happens at the Pentagon, never having been there. As I said, I got this secondhand. I don't even know for sure it even happened but my friend said it did so I'll take him at his word. However, that being said, when it comes to general officers they usually get anything they want within reason. Also rotc boy, it was for the general _and_ his retinue not just the general. The four star was evidently off on his own.

Back