pedo. network arrested

Ted

When I saw the news this morning one of the first things I heard was that a network of pedophiles was busted spreaded over more then 19 countries.

http://news.inq7.net/breaking/index.php?index=3&story_id=67440

At work I had a heated discussion about the 10 months period which it took to properly investigate the issue. She was shocked that LEA's took so long. My question is this: what is preferred, longer investigation but with a high certainty of conviction. This brings the risk of innocent children being misused.
The other possiblility is to arrest as soon as it becomes clear with animals they are dealing with. This risk is that you make room for error and less chance for a conviction. Obviously the chance for extra victims is also less. I am just glad that I don't have to make the call.

No, Prison is better. In Prison Life, the worst crimes you can commit are crimes against children, (many of the prisoners are alread fathers). Just wait until they are in Gen-pop, and then the other prisoners will make sure that their sentence is as horrible as possible, if they arnt just killed outright by groups like the Aryan Brotherhood.

But do you think that the cops should have reacted as soon as they knew something was amiss or wait untill you have a solid case? But you do know that that will take extra victims.... It's a catch 22: option one limits the victims in the short run, but if the pedo's walk because of a lack of evidence, they will make new victims later on. Option 2 will have victims on the short run, but you might put them away fo a long time.

If you are dealing with a large organised group you have to take that risk and bring them all down because in the long term it will prevent more crimes than it will allow during the investigation.

Back