Pearl Harbour: Conspiracy Theory?

--

June 17th, 2005  
panadol200

Topic: Pearl Harbour: Conspiracy Theory?

Could FDR have known of the attack on Pearl Harbour beforehand? I've looked up some interesting information on the net on the supposed conspiracy......and well....some facts just seemed too coincidental. What do you think? Do check out my blog at www.warjunkiez.blogspot.com for some of these juicy info.....and feel free to leave your comments.....
June 17th, 2005  
chewie_nz

we have gone down this road before panda...it lead no where.
June 17th, 2005  
Redleg

I'll let this one stay open (for now).
But it does not belong in the military discussion forum..

Moved to General Chit Chat now..
--
June 21st, 2005  
Focus Fate

A lot has been suspected. Conspiracy? No. Clues that something was going to happen that people didn't act on? Yes.

Oh ya, and by the way, It's Pearl Harbor. Not Harbour. Thanks.
June 21st, 2005  
AussieNick

Quote:
It's Pearl Harbor. Not Harbour
Harbor/Harbour, Color/Colour.... it's just the difference between American and British spelling.
June 21st, 2005  
ozmilman

Actually, if you wanna get into the whole technical side of things, proper English, not as in the bastardized almost phonetic way in which Americans spell, spells it HARBOUR. I just have a beef because if someone uses a language every day they should know the proper spelling. I have no idea how so many words got changed around.

Harbour, Colour, Defence (with a c). And why do some people refer to the posterior as their ASS. An ASS is a donkey, an ARSE is the thing you sit on. I had a girlfriend from Homossassa in Florida (i think that's where it is) once and she drove me nuts with the way she spelt things. She was about the sexiest woman i've ever known though, so you guys sure do breed them well over there - i'll give u that...

Sorry if i come across rude, i just don't like it when people are corrected and the person who is doing the correcting is wrong.

Rich.
June 22nd, 2005  
Focus Fate

Not rude at all.

I knew of the differance between Color/Colour, Armor/Armour (I actually spell 'armor' 'armour') but I thought since Pearl Harbor was a place in America, the American name should be used, sort of like a proper noun.
June 22nd, 2005  
chewie_nz

wierdly enough....he does have a point, and maybe THAT's the real conspiracy!
June 22nd, 2005  
DTop

WARNING

1. Get this thread back on topic.

2. Country bashing and disrespect are not allowed.
June 26th, 2005  
EagleZtrike

They knew about it but just didn't know whether to act or not