Is PC gaming dead?

DarkRain

:pray: I remember the days of incomparable PC gaming, now I shriek at the constant bugs, & DRM, the lack of genuine care for the consumer. I shriek when I'm told to press the dreaded "yellow button" to jump and the right trigger to fire. I cry out in PAIN when long running series like TES & Civ is dumbed down to the depth of a spoon.

PC gaming is far from dead, lots of good games coming all the time :cool:

But I do dig up some of the oldies from time to time, the graphics was limited in the "old days" so they had to focus a lot more on playability and the storyline then to make good games IMO.

I still enjoy the old games like Jagged Alliance 2 and for a while, classic Ghost Recon which I go back to from time to time.
The original Ghost Recon was the closest thing you could get to a true FPS Lego.
Quite frankly, I'm surprised such a thing has not come out.
Loaded with lots and lots of models, maps and a very user friendly editor that would make your own imagination the limit.

Three Words: NAPOLEON TOTAL WAR.

and now I must depart, my troops have managed to reach Moscow.

Agree that consoles are better for FPS. Strategy games are alive and well on the PC. CIV V coming out soon, Hearts of Iron III already out. I even got Modern Warfare 2 working on my PC (well my son did really). We also have an Xbox 360 and a Wii. I prefer the strategy games, even have a copy of Settlers.

I prefer FPS on PC because you can reactor faster and more precisely; using the entire arm, as opposed to just the two thumbs. I'm left-handed, though, so I'm not sure if that makes a difference.

I never felt that PC gaming was ever close to dying. For one, you can't type on consoles anywhere as affective as online. And that also brings me to point out MMORPG's. Really popular these days. And I doubt they'll go down any time soon without a proper fight.

Looking forward to Starcraft 2, Diablo 3, and All Points Bulletin, at the moment.

Agree. A significant portion of the software sold for the PC are games. A lot of hardware development is geared toward gaming also. If you look at it an Xbox it is just a PC with a controller instead of a keyboard. The USB ports allow you to attach a KB anyway.

I like FPS on PC. I remember some of the earliest FPS to come out for the first Playstation. Utter rubbish. I still think they are.

My favorite console games are Halo 3 and Halo ODST. I love it.

My favorite PC games are Starcraft. ALL HAIL STARCRAFT....Sorry....

My favorite console games are Halo 3 and Halo ODST. I love it.

My favorite PC games are Starcraft. ALL HAIL STARCRAFT....Sorry....

I know Starcraft is basically a religion in South Korea but I never understood the appeal. I prefer Dawn of War much more.

Haha. Yeah, Starcraft is huge in Korea.
There's a significant gaming community there. :)

I've heard that there's even a school for that there. And geeks who plays Starcraft are equivalent of idols in Japan or heartthrobs on other countries. Just heard it through the grapevine :wink:

Back