Patton.... best quote ever.

PaladinChief

The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his. General George S. Patton

I have to say when I think of quotes this one is at the top!

I think that this was taken from a speech that Patton gave to the 4th Armored Division right before D-Day. The whole opening scene from Patton is based on that speech, but I have not been able to definitively confirm that. Does make a fine quote and a good story though.

I've heard this one....

"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
- General George S. Patton Jr.

Toss-Up

My favorite quote by Gen. Patton is a toss up between these three.

May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.
- General George Patton Jr

Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. -
General George Patton Jr

Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.
- General George Patton Jr

I try to live by all three of these, especially the last one.

BornToKill said:
patton was F*CKIN A

You are free to mean whatever you want to, but if you come with statements like this you better have something to back them up with!

Or else I'll just consider this plain SPAM!!
You are warned!

I believe that might have been a positive statement.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=****in'+A

Entry: f***in' A

Definition: F***ing assured, a boisterous affirmation.

"Is that your car?"
"F***in-a! Isn't it sweet?"

Hm, maybe.. ????

If it is, then your warning is removed BornToKill.. :D

If not! :evil:

That's ok, but stop using it here anyway!
Using it in every second sentence is not good!!

Patton Quote

"Give me an army of West Point Graduates and I'll win a battle. Give me a handfull of Texas Aggies and I'll win the whole damn war."
General George S. Patton

calling patton a :cen: is no way to judge him. yes he was overly aggressive, but he got things done.

one quote that i don't like about him is:If a soldier is not and he shots me in the back, so help me god that i do not see him in hell for all he's worth.

Moderator Edit: Inappropriate word in this posting has been censored. Note to all: Please watch your language - this is an open forum and we have kids reading these postings. Your opinions and views are welcome, but not off color or offensive remarks - Gunner13

:lol: Yeah sometimes what may sound like swear is actually a positive statement.
So lets say Patton was a FREAKING-A. Better now ? ;)

Italian Guy said:
:lol: Yeah sometimes what may sound like swear is actually a positive statement.
So lets say Patton was a FREAKING-A. Better now ? ;)

Much better, thank you.

Back