The Patriots' Dynasty

The Other Guy

Spam King
3 Super Bowls in 4 years? Yes. Dynasty? Perhaps. Best Ever? No. Bleeping. Way.

They 1967 Green Bay Packers won the Super Bowl by 25 points. The 1989 San Francisco 49ers won the Super Bowl by 45 points. The 1985 Bears won the Super Bowl by 36. The 1972 Dolphins won by a TD.

In their three Super Bowl Wins, the Patriots have won by a combined total of nine points.

They will not win my respect until they beat someone good by more than a TD.

The skills of your team and your ability to win games in the hands of your quarterback should decide wheter you're great, not how good of kicker you have.

There is no need to win by anything more than 1 point. A win is a win. I guess you'd need to define "dynasty" in football terms. If it's winning the most Super Bowls in a given time then you can't ignore the record. I'd take 3 Super Bowl wins of 1 point each over one win of 20 points any time. Got rings?
Are you a Colts fan by any chance? ;)

Last edited:
Let's see, the '67 Bears (9-4-1), '89 -49ers (14-2), '85 Bears (15-1), '07 Pats (13-0-0 - so far). Not too shabby eh?

So did 3/4 of the United States...

This year is the year of broken records without the usual excitement of broken records. Barry Bonds, and now the Patriots.

Oh please, no matter how much you whine about it 16-0 is 16-0. The Pats have taken on all comers on the field, in the media, and all the naysayers. The Pats could have given most of those teams their play book and they still would have won. You can know what coming but it's a matter of execution. You have to stop th other team and score more points than they do. You can either do it or you can't and this year the Patriots executed on the field as no other team has in the past, period. To compare Bond's performance enhancing substance use to a stupid film that was never used is just being inane.
Face it, 16-0 this season, 19-0 over the last two (so far), the most points scored ever, most TD passes, the most TD receptions, outscoring their opponents by over 300 points, etc., isn't done by a second rate team now its it? Flapping your gums isn't going to change any of that. Now it's on to the playoffs.

Back