Patriotism!

Trooper1854

The Brit Pack
I went into a local store today and it was bedecked with the Union Flag.
"How patriotic!" I thought.
I then had a close look at one of the flags and on it was printed:
"Made in Taiwan":???:

I went into a local store today and it was bedecked with the Union Flag.
"How patriotic!" I thought.
I then had a close look at one of the flags and on it was printed:
"Made in Taiwan":???:

I used to have a neighbour who is rather critical of the Japanese- what they did in the last war, stuff like that- but if you were to scrutinise his lifestyle, it shows nothing of that animosity- Mitsubishi car, Toshiba TV, Seiko wristwatch, sanyo fridge and washing machine, hitachi aircon system... amusing, does it not?:confused::confused::confused:

I used to have a neighbour who is rather critical of the Japanese- what they did in the last war, stuff like that- but if you were to scrutinise his lifestyle, it shows nothing of that animosity- Mitsubishi car, Toshiba TV, Seiko wristwatch, sanyo fridge and washing machine, hitachi aircon system... amusing, does it not?:confused::confused::confused:

That's the problem Viper, all the good stuff (I hate to say it) comes from Japan, (except their motorbikes).

Funny I drive an Audi and most of my appliances are AEG the only Japanese "stuff" I own is a ZZR1400 motorcycle.
:)

That's the problem Viper, all the good stuff (I hate to say it) comes from Japan, (except their motorbikes).

I always thought that Honda produes pretty good bikes. My dad had a Honda that was with him for about 15 years- never gave any major problem...

I had a Honda years ago, I cranked it hard into a bend and the frame began to flex, it scared the bejabbers out of me. I sold the piece of crap shortly afterwards.

One of the things I don't like about Jap bikes is the way they rev, the damn things scream. I'm more a fan of the big old single thumpers or the BMW boxers.

Last edited:
It always amazed me how the British Army's issue watch, the G-10 was made in East Germany, along with a lot of camera equipment and other optical devices!

Back